Student Engagement & Development
Welcome to the Office of Student Engagement & Development!
Student Engagement & Development includes the following offices:
- Student Life
- Career Success and Experiential Education
- Housing and Residence Life
- Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)
- Military and Veteran Affairs
Mission of Student Engagement & Development
In alignment with the academic mission of New York Tech, Student Engagement & Development supports students' professional and personal development through holistic and intentional opportunities for engagement with faculty, administrators, fellow students, and external partners. Through fostering inclusive and collaborative experiences, Student Engagement and Development encourages students to:
- Develop a sense of self, critical thinking skills, and a growth mindset.
- Feel a sense of belonging within the New York Tech community.
- Present a global perspective in their actions.
- Demonstrate social awareness in their communities.
- Use their voice to advocate for their academic needs.
- Be career-focused individuals who impact the greater community.
Vision for Student Engagement & Development
Student Engagement & Development will:
- Advocate to ensure student needs/interests and career and professional development are served in all aspects of the university’s operations, with a particular interest in supporting underserved, underrepresented, and special-interest student populations.
- Collaborate with academic programs to advance student engagement, a sense of belonging, persistence, and a commitment to social justice.
- Support students’ professional development with programming to build future work skills, including social intelligence, cross-cultural competency, virtual collaboration, trans-disciplinarity, and novel and adaptive thinking.
- Promote social responsibility in students by creating experiences that allow students to develop a sense of responsibility and purpose.
- Nurture a climate of inclusivity, care, and respect for New York Tech's diverse community of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.