Strategic Action Plan for New York Tech's Future
In 2020, amidst the global COVID-19 pandemic, widespread movements for social justice, and economic recession, New York Tech began a process to develop a strategic action plan. The events of 2020 confronted New York Tech with the need for major cultural and operational shifts and underscored the importance of New York Tech's mission—to provide career-oriented professional education, to offer access to opportunity to all qualified students, and to support research and scholarship that benefit the larger world.
Led by a steering committee and working groups of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the strategic planning initiative brought together a resilient New York Tech community to forge a plan for a transformative future. The result was New York Tech: Innovation in Action, a five-year strategic action plan to enhance the student experience and strengthen the collective university.
Now, as New York Tech actively carries out the plan, every member of the New York Tech Community is critical to its completion.
We welcome your feedback as we develop the plan!
- February 2020
- Institute for the Future Foresight Workshop presentation
- September 2020
- Steering Committee Call for Nominations
- October 2020
- SOVA/New York Tech Culture Scan, Interviews, and Focus Groups
- Steering Committee – Initial Convening
- December 2020
- SOVA presented results to New York Tech Community.
- January 2021
- The steering committee charged four working groups to develop recommendations.
- February - March 2021
- Campus Comments, an event to hear more about the experiences from students to inform the action plan, was held.
- Advisory groups in equity consciousness, digital transformation, and operational efficiency & resource effectiveness met and provided questions to consider for the action plan.
- April - May 2021
- The working groups submitted their recommendations for the action plan to the steering committee.
- The steering committee provided and received feedback from the action plan advisory groups and other stakeholders.
- June - August 2021
- The steering committee and advisory leads provided further feedback to inform revisions of the action plan, and developed a proposed structure for action plan implementation.
- September – December 2021
- The President and President’s Council reviewed the plan.
- February 2022
- Faculty and Staff Session, including steering committee members and working group co-chairs, was held.
- March 2022
- New York Tech: Innovation in Action was approved by the Board of Trustees.
- April 2022 – May 2022
- Action Implementation Committee Co-Chairs and Oversight Team were selected and completed a kick-off meeting.
- June 2022 – August 2022
- The Action Implementation Committee identified prioritized actions, refined key performance indicators, and created a funding request process for implementation.
- September 2022 – December 2022
- Implementation of New York Tech: Innovation in Action formally begins with the meeting of implementation teams created from volunteers and nominees of faculty, staff, students, and administrators.