Summer Research Program
NYITCOM’s Summer Research Program gives NYITCOM medical students the opportunity to spend six weeks engaged in research where you will:
- Work under close supervision of an NYITCOM faculty mentor who will assist you in designing and carrying out an academic research project.
- Write a final report and present a poster describing your research findings at an NYITCOM symposium.
- Earn a $1,500 stipend plus an additional $500 for supplies and other research materials.
- Submit an NIH-style proposal, written in collaboration with a NYITCOM faculty mentor, describing your proposed Summer Research Program project (including sections for background, working hypothesis, experimental approach, and references).
- Send your proposal to Kurt Amsler at email@example.com, with a copy to Kathleen O’Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposals will be reviewed and ranked by a NYITCOM faculty committee based on scientific merit, learning potential, feasibility, and available resources.