Admission Requirements: Infrastructure Security Management, Advanced Certificate
Thanks for your interest in the Infrastructure Security Management, Advanced Certificate program. The 18-credit advanced certificate programs have the same admission requirements as the Energy Management, M.S. program. Courses may not be applied to more than one certificate and must be completed with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- B.S. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university. A background in engineering or management is desirable but not required.
- If you have a degree in engineering, an accredited program is one that is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- If you have completed degrees in computer science or a closely related field, an accredited program is one taken at a college that is regionally accredited, such as the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- If you have an international baccalaureate degree or diploma which is equivalent to three years of undergraduate study in the U.S. in computer science, engineering, or a related area, you may be eligible to be admitted into a bridge option in your intended graduate program.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.85 for full matriculation.
- If you do not qualify for full matriculation and have an undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 2.84, you may, at the discretion of the director, be given the opportunity to demonstrate your qualifications for full matriculation by achieving a GPA of 3.0 or higher in your first four graduate courses. If you fall in this category, you will not be permitted to continue in the program for more than two semesters unless they have qualified for fully matriculated status, or there are special extenuating circumstances.
- Submit GRE scores
- Graduates of foreign universities are required to take the GRE and submit their scores.
- If you have a GPA below 2.85, you may, at the discretion of the dean, be asked to take the GRE or other diagnostic tests. Admission will be based upon consideration of test results, previous academic performance, and related employment, if applicable.
- Submit GRE scores
- Transfer credits: You may transfer up to six transfer credits from an accredited graduate program for appropriate courses in which a minimum grade of B was earned.
- If you have an insufficient background for admission, you will be required to take up to nine credits from the following list of prerequisite courses:
- PHYS 115 Humanity and the Physical Universe (3 credits)
- ECON 101 Basic Economics (3 credits)
- IENG 245 Statistical Design I (3 credits)
Note: Credits earned for these courses will not be counted toward the 3o credits required for the M.S. degree.
General Application Materials:
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Official GRE scores, if required. NYIT GRE Code: 2561
- International student requirements: English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
Spring Semester: Dec. 1 (U.S. and international applicants)
Fall Semester: June 1 (international applicants); July 1 (U.S. applicants)
If after these deadlines, applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
If you are interested in applying to the M.S. program, a separate application for graduate admission must be filed at least one semester before completing an advanced certificate program. The certificate must be completed before beginning the M.S. program.
Fellowships and Assistantships
Fellowships and teaching assistantships are available to qualified candidates. These financial aid opportunities are usually for a 10-month period and may include partial remission of tuition and fees.
If you have any questions about admissions or eligibility, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 516.686.7520.