Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering at New York Tech!
Our mission is to prepare you to:
- Be successfully employed in engineering or your chosen career path.
- Pursue graduate studies and/or continued education in your field.
- Function as responsible members of society through engagement in community or professional organizations.
Our Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET and prepares you to apply basic and advanced engineering knowledge and skills to the design and analysis of engineering systems, such as thermo-fluid systems, energy systems, dynamical control systems, nano/micro sensors and devices, advanced materials, and advanced transportation systems. You also have the option of choosing a concentration in aerospace engineering, focusing on aircraft and space vehicle design. Our Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering incorporates cutting-edge research and up-to-date coursework. We also offer a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Management, which focuses on the foundations of financial management, project analysis, operations management, quality control, and other skills needed in today’s global marketplace.
Xun Yu, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Construction Engineering, B.S.
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S. – Aerospace
- Mechanical Engineering, M.S.
Xun Yu, Department Chair
Harry Schure Hall, room 115
Allison Garfinkel, Administrative Assistant