Admission Requirements: Data Science, M.S.
- Applicants must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 2.85 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants who do not qualify for full matriculation and have an undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 2.84, may be conditionally admitted at the discretion of the program director.
- As data science is an interdisciplinary field, we welcome applicants from diverse professional backgrounds. However, applicants should have the following prerequisites:
- One computer programming course
- One college-level statistics course
- Basic linear algebra
- Basic database systems
- Students with an insufficient background for direct admission into the Data Science M.S. program may be admitted if they take the required prerequisite course(s), with the approval of the director.
- Submit GRE scores:
- Graduates of foreign universities are required to take the GRE and submit their scores.
- U.S. students with a GPA below 2.85 may, at the discretion of the dean, be asked to take the GRE or other diagnostic tests. Admission will be based upon consideration of test results, previous academic performance, and related employment, if applicable.
- Completed application
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree
- Official GRE scores, if required (NYIT GRE Code: 2561)
- International student requirements: English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
- Students may transfer up to six transfer credits from an accredited graduate program for appropriate courses in which a minimum grade of B was earned.