Short how-to videos
Visit the CTL's YouTube channel:
- New York Tech Faculty Talk About Teaching: https://bit.ly/NYITFacultySpeak
- Canvas: https://bit.ly/CANVASPlaylist
- Zoom: http://bit.ly/ZoomPlaylist
- Getting started with Zoom
- Poll Everywhere: https://bit.ly/PollEvPlaylist
- Kaltura: https://bit.ly/KalturaPlaylist
Types of Engagement Activities
If you already have your own student engagement activities, use them! If you need some fresh ideas or want to try something different, then try one of these easy-to-implement ideas:
- Minute Paper to quickly gauge student understanding at the end of a class.
- Think-Pair-Share to actively engage all students in discussions of class material.
- Early Semester Feedback Survey to find out what is helping your students learn most effectively.
CTL Online Book Library Collection
Our library contains a wealth of resources for ideas for teaching, instructional design, teaching tips and tricks, faculty professional development, and more. Our collection is now available to peruse online; if you find a book you want to check out, just stop by the CTL. (You can also search our collection from your mobile device.)
Online and Blended Course Development
Any new course that has been developed for online or blended delivery must go through the following process, including consultation with a member of the CTL or ATS (See policy and application).