Admission Requirements: Student Behavior Management, Advanced Certificate
- B.S. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Students who have a GPA between 2.85 and 2.99 may be accepted and will have to achieve a 3.0 GPA in the first 12 graduate credits to continue in the program
- Students who have a GPA below 2.85 must take the GRE and earn a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative reasoning tests. They will need to achieve a score of 4.0 out of 6.0 on the analytical writing section. If they meet the GRE requirement, they may be accepted and will be required to achieve a 3.0 GPA in the first 12 credits to continue in the program.
- Completed application
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree
- Copies of teaching certificates you currently hold if you are seeking New York State certification
- Official GRE scores, if required (NYIT GRE Code: 2561)
- International student requirements: English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
New York education law now permits nonresident aliens to qualify for an initial license. Individuals with U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status may qualify for a permanent or professional New York State Teaching Certificate.