Admission Requirements: Architectural Technology, B.S.*
Thanks for your interest in the 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architectural Technology program (B.S.A.T) at the School of Architecture and Design. All students interested in the Bachelor of Architecture, please refer to the Bachelor of Architecture admission requirements. Upon completing a 2-year core curriculum and meeting specific requirements (see Admission Requirements: Bachelor of Architecture, B.Arch - OPTION TWO) you may still be able to progress into the 5-year B.Arch. degree or complete your B.S.A.T. degree, which is accredited by New York State and may lead to New York State licensure.
Application Materials for the Bachelor of Science in Architectural Technology
All applicants must provide the following materials:
- Completed Common Application or New York Tech online application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of transcripts of all high school work, including college-level courses. Your mid-year and final grades should be summited when available. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Testing Preferences: First-time first-year applicants may choose to submit their application without standardized test scores to be considered for admission to New York Institute of Technology. This program does not require test scores, though some academic programs require test scores. Review our test-optional policy. If you are submitting official SAT (critical reading and math only) or ACT test scores, use these codes.
NYIT SAT Code: 2561; NYIT ACT Code 2832
- Two letters of recommendation.
- 300-350 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Tell us about your career goals and why attending New York Tech would further these goals.
- Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and why.
- This program follows our general admissions requirements.
- Three years of math.
- A portfolio is not required as part of the admissions process.
If you are admitted to this program, you will need to complete a 2-year core curriculum, including the first year AAID sequence. This curriculum includes design studios and architectural history courses, as well as liberal arts courses such as English composition, math, physics, behavioral science, economics, fine arts, and social science. After successful completion of this 2-year core curriculum, you may:
- Continue with the four-year B.S.A.T. degree
- Continue with the four-year B.S.A.T. degree with major concentrations
- Continue with the four-year B.S.A.T. degree with minor in another discipline
- Apply for admission into the Architecture, B.Arch. degree (view admission requirements)
- Continue with the four-year B.S.A.T. degree and then apply to the Master of Architecture
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 for coursework completed at other institutions or at New York Tech.
- A portfolio is required in order to receive transfer credit for design work. You will received instructions to submit your portfolio when you receive your credit evaluation.
- First-Year Priority Deadline: February 15.
- Regular Admission: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
- International Student Deadlines: December 1 for the spring semester and July 1 for the fall semester.
*This updated version of the Admission Procedures to the B.Arch. Program has been submitted to NYSED.
Admitted Student Profile
IPEDS Admissions Component, U.S. News & World Report