Admission Requirements: Architecture, Computational Technologies, M.S.
Thank you for your interest in the Master of Science in Architecture, Computational Technologies (M.S.ACT) program. This program begins in September for two consecutive semesters (fall, spring) plus the following summer term for a total of 30 credit-hours.
- Professional architecture or design related degree from an accredited institution, or the equivalent, if applying with a foreign degree from another country.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- No standardized tests (including GRE) are required, except TOEFL/IELTS for international students.
All applicants must provide the following information prior to submitting the required supplemental materials (Curriculum Vitae, Personal Essay, and Digital Portfolio).
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Two letters of recommendation from references who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s professional potential and academic ability. References should send their letters of recommendations directly to the Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Optional Interview: You are encouraged to meet with the Director of the M.S.ACT graduate program. Please contact the School of Architecture and Design graduate office at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- International student requirements: English proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS), I-20, and transcript evaluation.
Supplemental Application Materials
- Curriculum Vitae: a one-page resume with your portrait photo, name and last name, contact information, degrees, accomplishments, exhibitions, publications, projects, research, associations, skills, etc.
- Personal Essay/Statement of Interest: (500 – 1000 words).
- Digital Portfolio of Creative Work:
- The creative Portfolio should consist of 10-15 pages of your own visual work (format PDF/ MP4, size limit 35 MB).
- The creative portfolio may include selected studio work, examples of creative coursework, assignment-based projects, self-directed work or pieces of a collaborative nature, and could contain multimedia work, drawings, models, computation and fabrication work, paintings, sculpture, video, animation, etc.
- Areas of interest may include: architectural design, environmental design, design technologies (simulation, visualization, fabrication, robotics, etc.), architectural engineering, architectural interior, industrial design, computational design, product or furniture design, material design, etc.
- Please identify each piece with a date, title, medium, and a brief explanation of the work and its context—academic project, work-related project, independent work, or research and organize it into a single, multipage PDF. For any team or collaborative projects, please identify all participants and highlight your own contributions.
- Name your PDF files in the following format:
- Maximum file size is 35 MB. Please be aware of this limitation when formatting files and resolution for your work. Files larger than 35 megabytes may be rejected by the New York Tech server. Links to materials available through web links, YouTube, Dropbox, or other should be included in a table of contents on the first page of the portfolio.
Applications for admission to the M.S.ACT program are due January 15, 2021. Applications received later will be considered pending available space in the program.
If you have questions about the program that will help you in your decision to apply and attend, please email Pablo Lorenzo-Eiroa, Director, M.S. in Architecture, Computational Technologies, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 212.261.1562.