Math & Physics Resources
Whether you are a life science, engineering, or computer science major, you need to know math and physics. Even if you are not in a math based major, you will have to take at least one math course, and anything you can do to boost your grade will help your GPA in the long run. Check out these links below on a variety of topics that include video tutorials, study guides, and practice questions.
- CliffsNotes – Math: These study guides can help you solidify your knowledge before the big test in areas such as algebra, calculus, statistics, trigonometry, and differential equations. Make sure to review these often to boost your overall comprehension of the topics covered in your course.
- Brightstorm – Math: This site has a comprehensive collection of math video tutorials that can help you understand difficult concepts. The tutorials cover algebra, precalculus, calculus, trigonometry, and geometry.
- Khan Academy – Algebra: Khan Academy is known all over the world for providing top quality video tutorials on a large variety of subjects. This link will take you to a site with tutorials on linear equations, quadratics, rational expressions, logarithms, imaginary and complex numbers, and more.
- Khan Academy – Calculus: Just like for algebra (and many other subjects – feel free to explore Khan Academy's entire site), this site will provide you with video tutorials on subjects such as derivatives, divergence theorem, and surface integrals, just to name a few.
- Khan Academy – Trigonometry: Some of the subjects covered in the tutorials on this site include basic trigonometry, radians, and inverse functions, among others.
- Meta-Calculator: This link is an online calculator that offers many types of calculators, including graphing calculators, scientific calculators, and statistics calculators.
- Wolfram/Alpha Homework Helper: This computational engine can provide solutions to your math problems. This should be used to check problems once you have already worked through them for practice.
- Khan Academy – Physics: With tutorials on subjects ranging from magnetism to thermodynamics, this site will provide you with tools you need to understand difficult concepts.
- Brightstorm – Physics: Videos ranging from the most basic concepts all the way to quantum physics. Make sure to check out this site to solidify your comprehension.
- Sparknotes: Sparknotes offers study guides and reviews for the following topics in physics: vectors, kinematics, dynamics, work, energy and power, linear momentum, rotational motion, oscillations, gravitation, thermodynamics, magnetic fields, optics, and special relativity.