In the fall of 2021, the External Affairs team moved to the Office of Development and Alumni Relations. Its core responsibility remains the same: to foster relationships with the external community to inspire innovation, advance entrepreneurship, and support the mission of New York Institute of Technology. External Affairs seeks to represent, engage and promote our university to external stakeholders.
Our portfolio includes:
- Corporate Partnerships and Community Engagement: building collaborative relationships with corporate, business, and community leaders; peer institutions; K-12 and youth organizations; alumni and donors in a number of targeted activities.
- Thought Leadership via Events and Conferences: organizing and supporting signature events that increase the university's visibility while engaging external partners and stakeholders and highlighting New York Tech's academic and overall contributions to society.
- Government Relations: serving as the university liaison to government leaders, local, state, and federal legislators, other public officials, and state and national higher education associations, as well as coordinating advocacy efforts that advance the university's priorities.
We invite you to engage with us through corporate sponsorships, joint research projects and publications, entrepreneurial activities, and/or expert consultations that leverage our students' and faculty's talents, as well as our lab facilities and other resources.
We also offer opportunities for external partners to participate in, or co-host, our world-class thought leadership forums and signature events, where experts convene, discuss, and propose solutions for the world's greatest challenges. These events also highlight our faculty, students and staff achievements, and raise awareness of technology fields among our own community and the public at large.
External partners can also engage with us through two programs:
- Professional Development: Partners are given the opportunity to enroll their employees in New York Tech academic programs (e.g., M.S. programs or B.S. degree completion, certification, etc.).
- Corporate Partnerships: Partners can sponsor New York Tech activities and events; engage with faculty, support student development (student internships and/or scholarships); and engage in workshops, information sessions, and career fairs.
Events & Conferences
The Events and Conferences Team produces events, conferences, receptions, and VIP experiences. We are also a resource to the broader New York Tech community, providing strategic and tactical advice for events.External Affairs' High-Profile Events Policy
Women’s Technology Council (WTC)
The mission of the New York Institute of Technology Women’s Technology Council (WTC) is to support women, including students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends, through mentorship, events, and resources to advance their careers, assume leadership positions and contribute to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
The WTC has launched an Endowment Challenge to support women achieve their personal and professional goals.
Our government relations' initiative focuses on cultivating and managing relationships with government leaders; federal, state, and local legislators, other local or foreign government officials, as well as higher education associations. We are engaged in advocating for legislation and policies that align with institutional priorities, and support these efforts. To this end, our team endeavors to:
- Work with legislators and policymakers at the federal, state and local level to secure grants and develop and advance other opportunities that bring external resources to New York Tech, and
- Monitor and respond to bills and regulations that affect research and capital project funding, student aid and scholarships, the status of international students, and other institutional priorities.
Note: Any member of the New York Tech community (faculty, student or staff) who plans to invite a local or foreign government official to New York Tech as a guest speaker in a class or to a conference or event (in-person or online) must contact the External Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org about such plans at least 8 weeks in advance.
Contact the External Affairs team at email@example.com to learn more about our many partnership opportunities and join us as we “Reinvent the Future.”