The External Affairs team fosters relationships with the external community to inspire innovation, advance entrepreneurship, and support the core mission of New York Institute of Technology. The Office of External Affair seeks to represent, engage and promote our university to external stakeholders. Our portfolio includes:
- Government Relations: serving as the university liaison to government leaders, local, state, and federal legislators, other public officials, and state and national higher education associations, as well as coordinating advocacy efforts that advance the university's priorities.
- Corporate Partnerships and Community Engagement: building collaborative relationships with corporate, business, and community leaders; peer institutions; K-12 and youth organizations; alumni and donors in a number of targeted and strategic activities.
- Thought Leadership via Events and Conferences: organizing and supporting signature events that increase the university's visibility while engaging external partners and stakeholders and highlighting New York Tech's academic and overall contributions to society.
Our government relations' initiative focuses on cultivating and managing relationships with government leaders; federal, state, and local legislators, other local or foreign government officials, as well as higher education associations. We are engaged in advocating for legislation and policies that align with institutional priorities, and support these efforts. To this end, our team endeavors to:
- Work with legislators and policymakers at the federal, state and local level to secure grants and develop and advance other opportunities that bring external resources to New York Tech, and
- Monitor and respond to bills and regulations that affect research and capital project funding, student aid and scholarships, the status of international students, and other institutional priorities.
Note: Any member of the New York Tech community (faculty, student or staff) who plans to invite a local or foreign government official to New York Tech as a guest speaker in a class or to a conference or event (in-person or online) must contact the Office of Strategic Communications and External Affairs (SCEA) at firstname.lastname@example.org about such plans at least 8 weeks in advance.
Become a Partner
We invite you to engage with us through corporate sponsorships, joint research projects and publications, entrepreneurial activities, and/or expert consultations that leverage our students' and faculty's talents, as well as our lab facilities and other resources.
We also offer opportunities for external partners to participate in, or co-host, our world-class thought leadership forums and signature events, where experts convene, discuss, and propose solutions for the world's greatest challenges. These events also highlight our faculty, students and staff achievements, and raise awareness of technology fields among our own community and the public at large.
External partners can also engage with us through two programs:
- Professional Development: Partners are given the opportunity to enroll their employees in New York Tech academic programs (e.g., M.S. programs or B.S. degree completion, certification, etc.).
- Corporate Partnerships: Partners can sponsor New York Tech activities and events; engage with faculty, support student development (student internships and/or scholarships); and engage in workshops, information sessions, and career fairs.
Women’s Technology Council (WTC)
The mission of the New York Institute of Technology Women’s Technology Council (WTC) is to support women, including students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends, through mentorship, events, and resources to advance their careers, assume leadership positions and contribute to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
The WTC has launched an Endowment Challenge to support women achieve their personal and professional goals.
Events & Conferences
The Events and Conferences Team strategically produces events, conferences, receptions, and VIP experiences. We are also a resource to the broader New York Tech community, providing strategic and tactical advice for events.External Affairs' High-Profile Events Policy
Contact the External Affairs team at email@example.com to learn more about our many partnership opportunities and join us as we “Reinvent the Future.”