Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
The Scholar Program offers diverse opportunities for academics, administrators, and professionals to teach, research, do professional projects, and attend seminars abroad. Fulbright awards include
- Scholar Awards, which comprise the bulk of awards offered and include opportunities for professionals, artists, and scholars at all career-levels. Location and eligibility vary across all awards, and some awards may be restricted to certain career levels or types of scholars.
- Distinguished Scholar awards, viewed as the most prestigious appointments in the Fulbright Scholar Program. Awards are open to scholars who have more than seven years of experience in their discipline or area of expertise, though some awards may further restrict eligibility. Distinguished Scholars are expected to actively engage host institutions in a spirit of promoting mutual understanding and sharing knowledge.
- Public Policy Fellowship, which provides opportunities for U.S. early and mid-career professionals and practitioners to serve in placements in a foreign government ministry or institution around the world.
- Postdoctoral Awards, which provide recently graduated scholars an opportunity to conduct research and receive professional training abroad. Awards may involve limited teaching. Postdocs are open to scholars who will have received a doctoral degree (Ph.D., J.D., M.D., Ed.D., etc.) within five years of the fellowship start date. Degree conferment before the start of the award is mandatory. Institutional affiliation in the U.S. is not required.
- International Education Administrators Awards, providing international education professionals and senior higher education officials an opportunity to engage in a two-week intensive seminar to learn about the host country’s education system and establish networks of U.S. and international colleagues.
Each year, more than 800 scholars receive awards to 135+ countries. Fulbright opportunities range from a few months to a full year and many of our awards offer flexible durations. Explore the catalogue of awards and connect with Fulbright to learn more.
To receive New York Tech support for your application or if you have any questions, please contact Amy Bravo.