Preparing a Proposal
All proposals and pre-proposals for sponsorship of programs must be reviewed by OSPAR before they are transmitted. Please see Application Timeline and Responsibilities (PDF). The first draft is due at OSPAR ten (10) business days before the sponsor deadline. The final draft is due at OSPAR five (5) business days before the deadline. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. Drafts received on-time will receive full review. See the OSPAR Proposal Deadline Policy (PDF). Proposals must be accompanied by an NYIT Data Sheet for Grant Proposals and a Financial Interest Disclosure Form for all key personnel in order to be reviewed.
- NYIT Data Sheet for Grant Proposals (Word)
- Phase-out of Grants.gov Legacy Package and Transition to Grants.gov Workspace and NIH ASSIST (PDF) - Guidance for NYIT faculty and staff effective January 1, 2018.
- NYIT Conflict of Interest Policy (PDF) - including Financial Interest Disclosure Form
- Financial Interest Disclosure Form (PDF) / Financial Interest Disclosure Form (Word)
- NYIT Misconduct in Research Policy (PDF)
- Institutional Review Board: Policies pertaining to research with human subjects
- NYIT Chemical Hygiene Plan: Policies pertaining to research with hazardous chemicals or biological materials.
- Institutional Biosafety Committee Biosafety Protocol Form for Recombinant DNA and Microorganisms in Research: NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine
Institutional Data Request Form
All requests for institutional data, such as statistical and demographic data on the NYIT student population, must be submitted to OSPAR using the following form. After review, OSPAR shall, in turn, forward the completed form to NYIT’s Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (IRA). All data requests will take 10 business days from the date of receipt.
NYIT Invention Disclosure Form
In accordance with the NYIT Faculty Handbook, any NYIT faculty member who develops, or intends to develop, intellectual property, such as an invention, is required to disclose relevant particulars to the Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs as soon as practicable. Please use the following form for this purpose and submit the original to the Provost & VPAA.
NYITCOM Collaboration Agreement Template
The following template is to be used to formalize collaborative agreements between the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine and other NYIT schools and colleges. The Principal Investigators from each school/college should discuss the topics raised in the document to ensure that all parties are in agreement. The Principal Investigator for each school/college is responsible for obtaining the approval and signature of their Dean/Associate Dean and Chair. The signed document should be retained by each Principal Investigator. A copy of the document should be submitted to the Dean/Associate Dean of each participating NYIT school/college, and to the Director of NYIT’s Office of Sponsored Programs and Research if the collaboration involves a grant, contract, or IRB submission.
- Public Health Service/National Institutes of Health application forms
- U.S. Department of Education application forms
- New York State Grant Finance forms
- What Should I Know About ED Grants?
- Fundraising and Grantwriting Resources by 'Fundsnet Online Services'
- Useful links by 'Non-Profit Guides'
- A Proposal Writing Short Course, The Foundation Center
- Grant Writing Guide, Non-Profit Guides
- Grant Writing Tutorial, by the Environmental Protection Agency
- A Guide for Proposal Writing, The National Science Foundation
Proposal Writing for National Institutes of Health
- Quick Guide for the Preparation of Grant Applications: The National Center for Alternative and Complementary Medicine's advice on grant application preparation
- "All About Grants" Tutorials, National Institute on Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- A Short Guide to the Preparation of NIH Grant Applications: National Cancer Institute on preparing grant applications.
- Tips for New NIH Grant Applicants: Staff from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences offer their top 25 tips to new applicants.
- A Straightforward Description of What Happens to Your Research Project Grant Application After it Is Received for Peer Review: Center for Scientific Review.
Commonly Requested Information
Indirect Cost Rates
Indirect (Facilities and Administrative) Costs must be requested at the rate allowed by the sponsor.
On-Campus: 09/01/2016 to 08/31/2019: 42.2% of Modified Total Direct Costs;
On-Campus: 09/01/2019 Until Amended: 42.2% of Modified Total Direct Costs;
Off-Campus: 09/01/2016 to 08/31/2019: 19.3% of Modified Total Direct Costs;
Off-Campus: 09/01/2019 Until Amended: 19.3% of Modified Total Direct Costs.
Department of Health and Human Services
Date of Agreement
Fringe Benefit Rates (effective 10/31/2016)
41.5% for faculty and full time staff
9.5% for faculty summer salary and part time staff
Fringe Benefit Rates (effective 09/01/2018)
39.0% for faculty and full time staff
9.5% for faculty summer salary and part time staff
Please ask Sponsored Programs and Research
Administrative Official to be notified if award is made:
Director of Sponsored Programs and Research
Tower House, Room B10
Old Westbury, NY, 11568
Send checks to:
Carlton Mitchell, M.P.A.
Director, Grants Management
Office of Financial Affairs
Old Westbury, NY 11568
Entity (Employer) Identification Number (EIN)
NYIT DUNS Number
NYIT CAGE Code
NYCOM CAGE Code
NYS Charities Registration Number
Congressional District Number
3 (OW campus), 2 (CI campus), 8 (Manhattan Campus)
Look up congressional and assembly districts by map
Federalwide Assurance (FWA) Number (For Human Subjects Research)
Assurance Number (For Nonhuman Animal Research)
Business Start Date
North American Industry Classification (NAICS)
611310 Colleges, Universities, and Professional
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC)
8221 Colleges and Universities