Preparing a Proposal
All proposals and pre-proposals for sponsorship of programs must be reviewed by OSPAR before they are transmitted. Please see Application Timeline and Responsibilities (PDF). The first draft is due at OSPAR ten (10) business days before the sponsor deadline. The final draft is due at OSPAR five (5) business days before the deadline. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. Drafts received on-time will receive full review. See the OSPAR Proposal Deadline Policy (PDF). Proposals must be accompanied by an New York Tech Data Sheet for Grant Proposals and a Financial Interest Disclosure Form for all key personnel in order to be reviewed.
- New York Tech Data Sheet for Grant Proposals (contact OSPAR for guidance and routing)
- New York Tech Conflict of Interest Policy - (contact OSPAR for guidance and routing)
- New York Tech Misconduct in Research Policy
- Institutional Review Board: Policies pertaining to research with human subjects
- New York Tech Chemical Hygiene Plan: Policies pertaining to research with hazardous chemicals or biological materials.
- Institutional Biosafety Committee Biosafety Protocol Form for Recombinant DNA and Microorganisms in Research: New York Tech College of Osteopathic Medicine
New York Tech Invention Disclosure Form
In accordance with the New York Tech Faculty Handbook, any New York Tech faculty member who develops, or intends to develop, intellectual property, such as an invention, is required to disclose relevant particulars to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs as soon as practicable. Please use the following form for this purpose and submit the original to the Provost and VPAA.
NYITCOM Collaboration Agreement Template
Contact OSPAR for a copy of the template used to formalize collaborative agreements between the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine and other New York Tech schools and colleges. The Principal Investigators from each school/college should discuss the topics raised in the document to ensure that all parties are in agreement. The Principal Investigator for each school/college is responsible for obtaining the approval and signature of their Dean/Associate Dean and Chair. The signed document should be retained by each Principal Investigator. A copy of the document should be submitted to the Dean/Associate Dean of each participating New York Tech school/college, and to the Director of New York Tech’s Office of Sponsored Programs and Research if the collaboration involves a grant, contract, or IRB submission.
- Public Health Service/National Institutes of Health application forms
- U.S. Department of Education application forms
- New York State Grant Finance forms
Proposal Writing Grant applicants can search the following links for detailed information on available grants:
Commonly Requested Information
Indirect Cost Rates
Indirect (Facilities and Administrative) Costs must be requested at the rate allowed by the sponsor.
- On-Campus: 09/01/2019 to 08/31/2023: 42.8% of Modified Total Direct Costs
- Off-Campus: 09/01/2019 to 08/31/2023: 19.3% of Modified Total Direct Costs
Department of Health and Human Services
Date of Agreement
February 03, 2020
Fringe Benefit Rates (effective 07/01/21)
40% for faculty and full time staff
10% for faculty summer salary and part time staff
Please ask Sponsored Programs and Research
Administrative Official to be notified if award is made:
Dawn Grzan, M.B.A.
Senior Director, Sponsored Programs and Research
Tower House, Room B11
Old Westbury, NY, 11568
Send checks to:
George Scheu, B.S., C.P.A.
Assistant Controller & Senior Budget Director
Office of Financial Affairs
Old Westbury, NY 11568
Entity (Employer) Identification Number (EIN)
New York Tech DUNS Number
New York Tech CAGE Code
NYCOM CAGE Code
NYS Charities Registration Number
Unique Entity Identifier
Congressional District Number
3 (OW campus), 2 (CI campus), 12 (Manhattan Campus)
Look up congressional and assembly districts by map
Federalwide Assurance (FWA) Number (For Human Subjects Research)
Assurance Number (For Nonhuman Animal Research)
Business Start Date
North American Industry Classification (NAICS)
611310 Colleges, Universities, and Professional
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC)
8221 Colleges and Universities