Apply to REU
New York Tech is doing its part in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In an abundance of caution, we have canceled the summer 2020 REU program. For those who submitted applications, the application materials, with the exception of transcripts, will be honored for applications for the summer 2021 REU program. The applicant must inform email@example.com that they wish to reapply before the 2021 application deadline (February 12, 2021) and they must still be eligible to participate.
- REU 2021: TBA
- Application deadline: February 12, 2021
The REU program will require your full-time commitment (five days a week/40 hours per week). You will not be allowed to work while participating in the program. In conjunction with the requirements of the faculty advisors, you will be required to submit a research paper, produce a research poster, and make a final presentation describing your work.
All participating students will receive a $6,000 stipend, $600 travel allowance, $3,000 housing (estimated) and $24/day (estimated) food allowance PLUS research experiences, grad school preparation, networking/mentoring opportunities, and visits to state-of-the-art labs, security centers, and corporations.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Enrolled full time at a college or university.
- Sophomore to senior academic standing with no B.A. or B.S. degree completed.
- Cumulative average of 3.2 or better.
- Show potential for success, even with limited access to graduate research or other preparatory opportunities, particularly as it relates to educational achievement while overcoming obstacles, including, but not limited to: ability, economic, social, or educational challenges.
Application Materials and Procedures
- Online Application Form will be available in December 2020.
- As part of the application form, you will be asked to upload the following:
- Statement of purpose (500–600 words), including a brief introduction of yourself and your work experience, projects or research you have done as an undergraduate, and NYIT REU projects you are interested in.
- Two letters of recommendation using the New York Tech Recommendation Form, mailed separately to the address below. Recommendation Form will be available in December 2020.
- An official copy of your current academic transcript mailed to the address below:
New York Tech REU Program
New York Institute of Technology
New York, NY, 10023
Alternatively, the recommendation letters can also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A notification of acceptance will be emailed to you after the selection process is completed.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 212.261.1732.