Apply to REU
- REU 2021: June 1 - August 6 (Due to the pandemic, the program may run virtual for all or part of this time.)
- Application deadline: March 5, 2021
The REU program will require your full-time commitment (five days a week/40 hours per week). You will not be allowed to work while participating in the program. In conjunction with the requirements of the faculty advisors, you will be required to submit a research paper, produce a research poster, and make a final presentation describing your work.
All participating students will receive a $6,000 stipend, $600 travel allowance, $3,000 housing (estimated) and $24/day (estimated) food allowance PLUS research experiences, grad school preparation, networking/mentoring opportunities, and visits to state-of-the-art labs, security centers, and corporations.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Enrolled full time at a college or university.
- Sophomore to senior academic standing with no B.A. or B.S. degree completed.
- Cumulative average of 3.2 or better.
- Show potential for success, even with limited access to graduate research or other preparatory opportunities, particularly as it relates to educational achievement while overcoming obstacles, including, but not limited to: ability, economic, social, or educational challenges.
Application Materials and Procedures
- Submit an Online Application Form.
- Send the following documents in a single email to email@example.com with subject: Application Material: YOUR_FULL_NAME:
- Statement of purpose (500–600 words), including a brief introduction of yourself and your work experience, projects or research you have done as an undergraduate, and New York Tech REU projects you are interested in.
- Two letters of recommendation e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letters must be sent directly from the recommenders.
- An official copy of your current academic transcript emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the address below. The official academic transcript must be sent directly from the school registrar.
New York Tech REU Program
New York Institute of Technology
New York, NY, 10023
A notification of acceptance will be emailed to you after the selection process is completed.
Note for the 2020 Summer REU Program Applicants: Although, last summer's REU Program was cancelled due to COVID-19, for those who submitted applications, the application materials, with the exception of transcripts, will be honored for applications for the summer 2021 REU program. The applicant must inform that they wish to re-apply before the 2021 application deadline (March 5, 2021) and they must still be eligible to participate.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.261.1732.