Apply to NYIT’s REU
May 30 – August 3, 2018
The research projects require full-time commitment of the student (five days a week/40 hours per week). Students are not allowed to work while participating in the program. In conjunction with the requirements of the faculty advisors, all participants are required to submit a research paper, produce a research poster, and make a final presentation describing their work.
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Enrolled full time at a college or university.
- Junior or senior academic standing.
- Have not already completed a B.A. or B.S. degree.
- Have a 3.2 or better cumulative grade point average.
- Have shown potential for success, but may have had limited access to graduate.
- Research or other preparatory opportunities: the applicant should indicate his/her potential for success particularly as it relates to educational achievement while overcoming obstacles, which may include, but are not limited to: ability, economic, social, or educational challenges.
Application Materials and Procedures
- Completed online application form. Application deadline: February 28, 2018.
- Resume and statement of purpose (500-600 words including a brief introduction of yourself, your work experience and undergraduate projects or research, and your top three preferred NYIT REU projects) emailed to email@example.com.
- Two letters of recommendation using the NYIT Recommendation Form, mailed separately to the address below.
- Official copy of current academic transcript mailed separately to the address below.
Please mail recommendation letters and transcript to:
NYIT REU Program
New York Institute of Technology
New York, NY, 10023
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646.273.6129.