Apply to REU
- REU 2022: May 31 - August 5 (Due to the pandemic, the program may run virtual for all or part of this time.)
- Application deadline: March 10, 2022
The REU program will require your full-time commitment (five days a week/40 hours per week). You will not be allowed to work while participating in the program. In conjunction with the requirements of the faculty advisors, you will be required to submit a research paper, produce a research poster, and make a final presentation describing your work.
All participating students will receive a $6,000 stipend, $600 travel allowance, $3,000 housing (estimated) and $24/day (estimated) food allowance PLUS research experiences, grad school preparation, networking/mentoring opportunities, and visits to state-of-the-art labs, security centers, and corporations.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Enrolled full time at a college or university.
- Sophomore to senior academic standing with no B.A. or B.S. degree completed.
- Cumulative average of 3.2 or better.
- Show potential for success, even with limited access to graduate research or other preparatory opportunities, particularly as it relates to educational achievement while overcoming obstacles, including, but not limited to: ability, economic, social, or educational challenges.
Application Materials and Procedures
- Submit an Online Application Form.
- Send the following documents in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: [Application Material]: YOUR_FULL_NAME:
- Statement of purpose (500–600 words), including a brief introduction of yourself and your work experience. If you have done any projects or research as an undergraduate or independently, please include a summary of those as well. Finally, include the New York Tech REU projects you are interested in.
- Two letters of recommendation e-mailed to email@example.com. The letters must be sent directly from the recommenders.
- An official copy of your current academic transcript emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address below. The official academic transcript must be sent directly from the school registrar.
New York Tech REU Program
New York Institute of Technology
New York, NY, 10023
A notification of acceptance will be emailed to you after the selection process is completed.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 212.261.1732.