Frequently Asked Questions
How to Migrate Outlook Contacts to Gmail
The name Service Central says it all. We are the one-stop shop for students, faculty and staff to get technical and facilities support. Call us at ext. 1400 (from any campus phone) with questions and requests for assistance. If we don’t have the answer, we’ll find out who does and connect you with one of these departments:
Academic Computing Services
- Get technology assistance for on-campus computers and audiovisual equipment
- Learn about distance learning (DL) and smart classrooms
- Find out about student printing access
Desktop Support Services
- Download software, including Adobe Acrobat, FTP, web browsers, video players, anti-spyware, and more
- Find out about email retention procedures
- Mobile and wireless setup
- Get information about purchasing a computer
Data Warehouse Services
Find out about access and support for NYIT’s Data Warehouse Services platform.
Enterprise Systems and Services
Get access and support for NYIT’s enterprise systems, including:
Facilities Management and Assistance
Call us to schedule facilities repairs or get help with on-campus event set-up.
Request audiovisual event support or consultation services for new equipment requests
Get assistance with NYIT’s online resources:
Systems Networks and Telecommunications
We offer support for NYIT telecommunications devices, including phones, cell phones, mobile devices, and more. We also provide assistance with wifi and network components.
We answer technical and content questions regarding nyit.edu, the my.nyit.edu portal, app development, wifi, networks, and more.
ext. 1400 (from any phone on NYIT’s New York campuses)
516.686.1400 (off campus)