Minimum Computer Requirements
All students attending New York Tech are required to own or have access to a computer system with a camera. This computer must have reliable connectivity to the Internet and an installed, current version of Microsoft Office. Please review the Software Downloads page for Microsoft Office and other software available for enrolled New York Tech students.
Minimum computer specifications are:
- Core i5 processor (PC or Mac)
- 16GB RAM (memory)
- 256 GB SSD ( solid state drive) Hard disk storage
- Current versions of operating systems (currently Windows 10 for PC and OS 10.14 or later for Mac)
- Individual academic departments may require additional hardware or software. Please contact the specific academic department for their explicit technology requirements.
- We also recommend with the prevalent of use of ZOOM, that students purchase a headset that includes a microphone. We suggest the Logitech H 390 headset or an equivalent.
- If you have questions about this or any other recommendations, please contact Service Central at 516-686-1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.