Zoom is constantly improving their software by issuing updates that address privacy and security concerns. To learn about Zoom’s latest features and bug fixes, please refer to the relevant Zoom release notes:
If you do not have the latest updates, please install them on your:
New York Tech-issued Computers
Faculty/Staff: To update your New York Tech-issued computer:
- If you have a New York Tech-issued PC device, please contact Service Central to assist with your Zoom update.
- If you have a New York Tech-issued Apple device, the latest Zoom update will be “pushed” to the machine via web services – no manual update is required.
To update your personal Zoom desktop app:
- Open the Zoom app on your Mac or PC.
- Click on your profile picture in the top-right corner. If you haven’t changed your photo, the icon will appear as your initials inside a colored square.
- Select “Check for updates” from the dropdown menu.
- If your app version is up-to-date, a pop-up window will appear to confirm.
- If you are due for an update, Zoom will automatically begin to update your app.
- When the update is complete, click “Done” to close the pop-up.
To update Zoom on your mobile device (Android or iPhone):
- Go to the Zoom download page and download for either your iPhone (iOS) or Android (Windows) device OR
- For iPhone: Click on the Appstore to update.
- For Android: Download the latest version from Google Play.
If you have any questions, please contact Service Central at 516.686.1400 or email@example.com.