Following are links to free software you can download. If you are on campus, your computer access level may prevent you from installing some of the programs listed above. Call if you need help with access.
- Use Adobe Reader to view, search, digitally sign, verify, print, and collaborate on Adobe PDF files.
Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware (PC & MAC)
- When your computer becomes infected, Malwarebytes can provide the needed assistance to remove the infection and restore the machine back to optimum performance.
- Ad-Aware gives you comprehensive malware protection. Keeps you safe from password stealers, keyloggers, spyware, and trojans.
- CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space.
- Sophos Home Free will protect against viruses, malware, ransomware, privacy invasions, and more.
- Includes always-on antivirus, parental web filtering, and remote management for up to three devices.
- Autodesk® Design Review and Autodesk® Education software helps save time and money with easy-to-use tools that enable team members to review, mark up, and revise designs and 3D models. This free* software is tightly integrated with all Autodesk® design software products and enables project teams to move to a two-way design review process to help save time in their markup and approval processes.
- ChemDraw Professional is used by hundreds of thousands of scientists around the world to quickly and effectively draw molecules, reactions and biological entities and pathways for use in documents and electronic lab notebooks; to search databases, now including SciFinder and to generate accurate names from structures and to predict properties.
File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Core FTP Client (PC only) is free, secure, and gives you a fast, easy, reliable way to update and maintain your website via FTP.
- FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.
IBM SPSS® STATISTICAL SOFTWARE
- IBM SPSS® is now available for download for active full time and part time New York Tech students and faculty. The IBM SPSS® software platform offers advanced statistical analysis, a vast library of machine learning algorithms, text analysis, open source extensibility, integration with big data, and seamless deployment into applications.
- New York Institute of Technology has a license, which provides campus-wide access to MATLAB, Simulink, and a variety of add-on products. All faculty, researchers, and students can use MATLAB on their personal computers and laptops.
Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus
- Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus is now available for download for active full time and part time NYIT Students, staff and faculty. Microsoft Office 365 features Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access.
Please note Office 365 Pro Plus is not available to Temporary Employees.
- Respondus is a Windows-based authoring tool that makes it easy to create and manage exams for Canvas.
- Faculty: Log in to download software
Respondus LockDown Browser
- A custom browser that locks down the testing environment in Canvas or Blackboard.
- Apple's QuickTime Player provides crystal clear video with H.264 support.
- The VLC Media Player is a highly portable multimedia player and multimedia framework capable of reading most audio and video formats (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, DivX, MPEG-1, mp3, ogg, aac, etc.) as well as DVDs, Audio CDs VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
- Mozilla Firefox is a popular web browser that is recognized for surfing the web faster and safer.
- Google Chrome is a fast reliable web browser that is easy to use.
Please note: each of the Wolfram products requires a separate registration for each product. The Wolfram products are web-based subscriptions and may not require a download to your device.
- Wolfram Mathematica contains the world's largest integrated web of algorithms to provide deep, powerful capabilities that support today's technical computing environments and workflows.
- Online resources such as Tutorials, Getting Started with Mathematica, Teaching and Research with Mathematica, and Resources for Educators can be found here.
Wolfram|Alpha Pro lets you upload your own data and images for analysis, get customized and interactive visuals for presentations, download data, get more computation time, access optimized web app, and support the long-term development of Wolfram|Alpha as a resource for the world.
Wolfram|Alpha Pro is not a physical download, but a computational search engine (sometimes referred to as an "answer engine"). The interface looks similar to that of a regular search engine but queries typed into the search box result answers to specific questions rather than listings of websites that may be relevant to the query.
To request Wolfram|Alpha Pro
** Please note: if you registered for Wolfram Mathematica or Wolfram Programming Lab, you will need register again for access to this software.