Payroll & Timesheets
Timesheets are due at the end of every work week. Once a timesheet is submitted, it must be approved by the direct supervisor before you can submit for the following week. Each week must be submitted individually; the payroll system will not allow you to submit multiple timesheets at the same time. If you do not work in a given week, you must still submit a timesheet with zero hours in order to submit for the following week.
You will be paid on the business day closest to the third and eighteenth of each month. NOTE: Payroll processes checks 2.5 weeks behind. Your first check may take up to one month to process.
You will get an automatic reminder email every Thursday to submit your timesheet. Supervisors will receive an automatic reminder email every Monday to approve pending timesheets.
- You can only submit for up to eight hours of work per day.
- If you work more than six hours in a day, you must also submit a 30-minute break.
- You cannot work more than 20 hours per week while school is in session.
- You must submit your timesheet every week.
- You will be paid on the business day closest to the third and eighteenth of each month.
Student Employment recommends that all students enroll in direct deposit. To enroll, fill out and submit the direct deposit form. You must provide a voided check or letter from your bank stating your account number and transit routing number.
Please note: It will take approximately two pay periods for your direct deposit to be fully processed. If you are not enrolled in direct deposit, checks will be sent to the mailing address provided on your student contract.
Returning Student Employees Who Receive Pay via Direct Deposit
- If you received your pay via direct deposit, it will continue to the same bank location for the next academic year.
- If you would like to change your direct deposit, please download a new Direct Deposit Form, attach the proper bank information, and submit it to Student Employment.
- Payday is the business day closest to the third and eighteenth of every month.
If your address or phone number changes, you must notify Student Employment immediately. Payroll does not receive the address and phone number updates provided to NYIT Connect.