Be in the know about jobs and internships across the United States with CareerShift.
Find a job, research companies, explore the job market, and find contacts fast. Job hunting has never been so easy. With CareerShift, you'll conduct job hunting tasks and store all of your information. It's confidential, under your complete control.
- Navigate the hidden job market and manage your job search all in one tool.
- Create personal marketing campaigns with unlimited resumes and cover letters.
- Manage your confidential CareerShift account securely from any computer 24/7.
Simply sign up and you'll receive all the features and benefits provided full-paying members. CareerShift is provided to NYIT students and alumni by NYIT Career Services.
Career Data and Job Search Tools
- Buzzfile—Create lists of employers by major within a zip code radius and export for easy employer research.
- Campus Career Coach
- Glassdoor—Find millions of the latest jobs, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits, and CEO reviews.
- International Student Resources
- Uncubed Start Up Job Resources
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Wall Street Journal Careers section
Tips and AdviceThe NYIT Career Guide offers advice and strategies for a variety of professional development tools, including:
- Business Cards—We are currently moving the ordering process to over to Handshake. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Cover Letters
- Dress for Success
- Graduate and Professional School Services
- International Students
- Job and Internship Resources
- LinkedIn Checklist
- Thank You Letters
Forms and Downloads
Federal Work Study and Student Aid
- NYIT Student Employment Authorization Contract
- Wage Rate form
- W-4 form
- I-9 form
- Direct Deposit form
- Student Employee Handbook
- Graduate Assistantship Forms
- Student Insurance Form
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)