Planning for an important interview takes practice. Use this platform to confidently answer questions and practice strategies to help ace the interview. Then meet with a career advisor to review your results and put the finishing touches on your prep for the big day. Schedule a mock interview follow up with an advisor on Handshake.
Be in the know about jobs and internships across the United States with CareerShift.
Find a job, research companies, explore the job market, and find contacts fast. Job hunting has never been so easy. With CareerShift, you'll conduct job hunting tasks and store all of your information. It's confidential, under your complete control.
- Navigate the hidden job market and manage your job search all in one tool.
- Create personal marketing campaigns with unlimited resumes and cover letters.
- Manage your confidential CareerShift account securely from any computer 24/7.
Simply sign up and you'll receive all the features and benefits provided full-paying members. CareerShift is provided to New York Institute of Technology students and alumni by New York Tech Career Services.
What Can I Do With This Major?
Discover career areas and types of employers that hire people within each major. Whether you're exploring majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this website will help you connect majors to careers. Learn about typical career areas and types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate.
Career Data and Job Search Tools
- Micro-Internship Program – Do you want or need an internship, but you don't have 20 or more hours a week to commit? Apply for a paid, project-based internship! Many micro-internships are remote work opportunities.
- Glassdoor – Locate millions of the latest jobs, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits, and CEO reviews.
- The Muse – Research jobs, company reviews, and helpful career articles.
- Uncubed – Find jobs, internships, videos, and events with innovative companies in business and tech.
- Wall Street Journal Careers section – Learn about all aspects of business and search careers daily.
Tips and Advice
The New York Tech Career Guide offers advice and strategies for a variety of professional development tools, including:
- Business Cards – We are currently moving the ordering process to over to Handshake. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Cover Letters
- Dress for Success
- Graduate and Professional School Services
- International Students
- Job and Internship Resources
- LinkedIn Checklist
- Thank You Letters
Forms and Downloads
Federal Work Study and Student Aid
- New York Tech Student Employment Authorization Contract
- Wage Rate form
- W-4 form
- I-9 form
- Direct Deposit form
- Student Employee Handbook
- Graduate Assistantship Forms
- Student Insurance Form
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)