Find Your Ideal Hire
Our NYIT students and alumni are tech-savvy, professional, critical thinkers, equipped with global perspectives and practical work experiences honed through internships and experiential learning activities. Let us connect you with exceptional personnel looking for career opportunities across industries including:
- Architecture and interior design.
- Business, finance, and management.
- Communications, public relations, and marketing.
- Computer science and engineering.
- Computer graphics, design, and animation.
- Education and instructional technology.
- Health professions and life sciences.
Fact: 93.4% of NYIT grads are employed or go on to graduate school within six months of graduation.
Ways to Connect
Post a Job on HandshakeMore
Handshake is our new, more robust online career services platform. Use Handshake to post jobs/internships, search and collect resumes, schedule interviews, and register for career events.
Posting jobs on Handshake is easy!
- Login by creating personal account tied to your organization.
- Complete your a simple employer profile.
- Begin posting jobs.
Please Note: Although you may begin to list jobs immediately, all job and internship opportunities must be approved by the Office of Career Services before being posted on the site, usually within two business days. For questions, email email@example.com.
Join a Career FairMore
Meet our students and alumni, expand brand recognition on campus, and market job opportunities. We host the following major Career Fairs annually on our New York and Long Island campuses:
- Student Employment Fair – September 13 and 18
- Engineering, Construction & Technology Fair – October 30
- Business, Finance & Entrepreneurship Fair – November 8
Host an Employer MeetupMore
Visit our Manhattan or Old Westbury campus to meet and recruit students for internships and full-time positions. Sessions are free, last one hour, and are held Tuesday–Thursday, from 1–2 p.m. or between 4–6 p.m.
Fall Employer Meetups run from mid-September through mid-November and Spring Employer Meetups from February through late April.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become an Employer PartnerMore
There are many ways to increase your visibility, promote your organization, and recruit NYIT students. When you become an Employer Partner, our employer relations team will work with you to create a customized plan to help you connect with the right talent.
We can help arrange targeted hosting and sponsorship opportunities including:
- Lunch n' Learn programs and presentations.
- Employer meetups.
- Workshops and training sessions.
- Career fairs and networking events.
- Challenge events.
- Mock interview sessions.
- On-site student visits.
- A-thons (Hack-a-thons, Business-a-thons, Media-a-thons).
Digital and print promotion
We can also offer promotional opportunities to help you get your company's name in front of students, including:
- Social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Name and logo placement on digital screens on NYIT Manhattan and Long Island campuses.
- Name and logo placement on NYIT career guides (over 6,000 per year).
For more information on how to become an employer partner, contact Laurie Hollister at email@example.com.
On-Campus Recruitment and Employer Information SessionsMore
Offered in one hour increments from 12 – 5 p.m. Monday – Thursday during the following weeks:
- September 24 – November 16
- February 11 – April 12 (excluding spring break March 18 – 22)
Spend the day with us on campus. Meet students, professional student clubs and faculty related to your industry. Host a resume review, information session or informal interviews.
Increase your brand awareness with a table in a high traffic student area for up to a four-hour period. Bring give a way swag, sign-up sheets, and one or two representatives.
Mock Interview Day
Critique student job seekers on interview skills, industry knowledge and professional image. Sessions are organized by industry cluster. Bring company materials to share with students.
Host NYIT On-Tour
Invite a small group of students (15-30) to tour your office/facility to experience your company culture. We will work with you to customize this event with the right cohort of students.
This 90 minute networking event provides you a space to tell your story and give insight into your field, company or role. MeetUps are organized by career cluster and typically attract 30-50 current students and recent graduates.
Hiring International Students
Companies in almost every industry in the U.S. hire international students as employees, recognizing the often excellent qualifications of many F-1 students as well as their retention advantage. Learn more about the benefits of hiring international students.
- Employer Policy
- Principles of Professional Practice for Career Services and Employment Professionals
Report a Hire
Did you hire an NYIT candidate? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need help finding the right candidate? Email our on-campus recruiting team at email@example.com.