On May 10 and 11, New York Institute of Technology will host the Creative Tech Week Conference: AI and Creativity during Creative Tech Week (May 8 through 19), a crowdsourced festival created to bring together a talented professional community of expert creative technologists with the people interested in their work.
The two-day conference will feature industry experts, including Nada Anid, Ph.D., vice president of Strategic Communications and External Affairs, and Christian Pongratz, Ph.D., interim dean and professor in NYIT School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Education. Other featured speakers include representatives from Snapchat, Adobe, Intel, and IBM.
Pongratz will also host Creativity in a world of Quantum & AI, a fireside chat with IBM Architect and Quantum Computing Ambassador Mark Mattingly-Scott led by IBM Developer Advocate Luke Schantz on May 6. They will touch on both creative and technical topics such as creativity in enterprise technology and how creative professionals are leveraging new technologies.
Here is a list of events hosted by NYIT:
- May 8: Artificial Intelligence: Fueling the Next Wave of Innovation. 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m; NYIT de Seversky Mansion.
- May 9: M.F.A. Thesis Exhibition: Fused Art//Design//Technology Opening Reception. 6 – 8 p.m.; 16 W. 61st St., 11th floor.
- May 10 and 11: Robotic Automation Demonstration. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Manhattan Campus Library, lobby.
- May 11: NYIT Prototyping Workshop Presentation. 11:10 – 11:25 a.m. NYIT Auditorium on Broadway.
- May 11: The Ethical Impact of AI on our Future. noon – 12:55 p.m. NYIT Auditorium on Broadway.
- May 11: Lunch and Learn Workshops. 1:15 – 2:15 p.m. NYIT Library.
- May 11: VR and Advances in Autism. 2:20 – 2:30 p.m. NYIT Auditorium on Broadway.
- May 11: CTW Conference Day 2 Lighting Talks. 2:30 – 3:10 p.m. NYIT Auditorium on Broadway.