18th Annual Faculty Scholars Reception: Celebrating NYIT’s Creative Achievements
April 19, 2019
Pictured: Melda Yildiz presents her research at the 18th Annual Faculty Scholars Reception.
Nearly 190 scholars, scientists, professionals, and researchers were honored at the 18th Annual Faculty Scholars Reception at NYIT de Seversky Mansion on April 11.
Faculty mingled with colleagues as they looked over the posters and papers on display. The event also featured four faculty members presenting their research:
- Marcella Del Signore, associate professor in NYIT School of Architecture and Design: Cities, Prototypes, and Digital Culture
- Joanne Donoghue, Ph.D., assistant professor and director of clinical research in NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine: FIT-PHYSICIANS: Utilizing Activity Trackers to Increase Activity in Medical Students
- Rosemary Gallagher, D.P.T., Ph.D., associate professor of in NYIT School of Health Professions: Intensity Matters…Virtual Environments and Exercise
- Melda Yildiz, Ed.D., associate professor and chair of masters instructional technology: Media Binds or Blinds? Myths and Misconceptions in Education
Watch the video and read more below.
2018 Faculty Research by the Numbers:
- 128 authors with 312 publication credits
- 113 presenters with 331 conference publications
- 29 honorees with 74 awards
- 3 designers with 5 exhibitions
- 156 grant recipients with 152 grants received (internal + external)
- 1 patent holder with 2 patents
“New York Institute of Technology is the home of doers, makers, and innovators. At NYIT, we ready our graduates to reinvent the future,” said NYIT President Hank Foley, Ph.D. “This is achieved in large part through participation in faculty research and scholarship. Recognizing the outstanding creative achievements of our faculty is a critical component of building our academic culture. … My congratulations to the nearly 190 scholars, scientists, professionals, and researchers whose work is being highlighted at the 18th Annual Faculty Scholars Reception.”