Submit Your Photo ID
Note: Only Registered students may upload their images. If you registered today, you must wait for 24-hours to upload your image.
How to Submit Your Photo to begin Card Creation Process
1. Log in
Go to onecard.nyit.edu using your NYIT credentials.
2. Go to your profile
When you sign in, click on the "Profile" tab located at the top of the page.
3. Review your profile
You will be taken to a profile page with all your information. Click on the web page to submit your ID photo.
4. Read terms and conditions
Once you accept the terms and conditions agreement, you will be taken to the upload ID page.
5. Once on the page, click the cloud upload icon
- Open local folder, to select a photo file
- Drag and drop a photo file to the cloud upload icon for upload
- Another option is to snap a photo when a camera is available for the browser device
6. Preview the uploaded photo
- The photo will be processed and you can adjust it accordingly
- Optionally, you may be able to crop the photo and adjust the center
- When you're satisfied with the image preview, click "Submit," and then sign out
7. Upload supporting documentation to confirm your picture identity
- Just like before, click the icon to upload your documents
- Please upload a copy of your entire driver's license or the informational page of your passport. (Not to worry, the supporting document(s) will be deleted after confirmation).
8. After submitting documentation, preview your ID and supporting document(s)
Click on submit and sign out tab for final review.
9. After final submission, you will see a confirmation page
10. Official image requirement tips
Yes, you can smile!
Your photo must be submitted and approved before the New York Tech ID will be issued. We accept color passport photos with a frontal view of the head and shoulders on a solid white or blue background. You should be facing directly ahead; please do not look down or to either side.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required).
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
11. You're All Set!
If there are any issues with your photo, you will be notified by NYIT email. Once your photo has been accepted, your ID card will be created. You will be notified when your ID card is ready.