Study Abroad Scholarships
Many organizations and government agencies award study abroad scholarships, with a range of eligibility requirements. In addition, we've listed a number of search engines and informational websites that deal specifically with funding for students who want to study abroad.
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship Program: Offers awards to U.S. undergraduates who might otherwise not participate due to financial constraints.
- Boren Scholarship: Provides unique funding opportunities for U.S. undergraduate students to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests, and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- British Universities Transatlantic Exchange Association: BUTEX awards scholarships to students spending a semester or year in the UK.
- Critical Language Scholarship: CLS is a fully-funded summer overseas language and cultural immersion program for American undergraduate and graduate students.
- Diversity Abroad: Provides a range of scholarships and other information for underrepresented and minority students.
- Freeman Asia: Offers scholarships for undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need to study abroad in East or Southeast Asia.
- Fulbright, U.S. Student Program: The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides U.S. citizens or nationals grants for individually designed study/research projects or for English Teaching Assistant Programs. A candidate will submit a Statement of Grant Purpose defining activities to take place during one academic year in a participating country outside the U.S. View a Fulbright Tutorial for more information. Amy Bravo is the Fulbright Advisor at New York Tech, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fund for Education Abroad: Scholarships for undergraduates who wish to study abroad, with preference given to applicants from groups underrepresented in study abroad programs and those destined for non-traditional locations
- An Insider's Guide to Studying Abroad in New Zealand: Scholarships available for study in New Zealand.
- Rotary Global Grants: Available for graduate students committed to pursuing a career making measurable, sustainable change in fields related to peace and conflict prevention/resolution; disease prevention and treatment; water and sanitation; maternal and child health; basic education and literacy; and economic and community development.
- Tripping.com: Travel company awards scholarships based on essay submissions.
If you are participating in a program through one of the organizations below, you may be eligible for their study abroad scholarships.