Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Welcome to the Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging. Established in October 2022, our office is dedicated to ensuring that all members of the New York Tech community feel recognized, welcomed, and valued.
Recognizing that diversity is our strength, our mission is to use data to drive decisions and actions that will monitor progress, establish accountability, continually improve, and achieve tangible goals and objectives.
Our vision is to cultivate a strong and diverse community where we celebrate differences, ideas, and individuals, advocate for access and acceptance with a welcoming and meaningful sense of belonging, and a safe atmosphere of growth, respect, and community—where all can reach their full potential.
- Community Partnerships: We seek to foster strong partnerships with community organizations that trust our institution.
- Pre-College Outreach and Access: We will build and strengthen relationships with local educational partners (focus on underserved communities).
- Retention and Student Success: We will facilitate equitable opportunities for students from underserved/minoritized backgrounds.
- Inform: We will inform the New York Tech campus about the importance of DEI&B and its role in the overall university strategic plan.
- Culture and Climate: We will help create safe spaces to promote campus community, nurture campus spaces that reflect an ever-evolving world, and promote a learning environment to encourage self-examination with a DEI&B lens.