All faculty and librarian personnel processes (reappointment, tenure, promotion, and sabbatical) are housed on mahara, an open source e-portfolio platform. This page houses documentation for faculty members in Colleges of Arts & Sciences and Engineering & Computing Sciences; Schools of Architecture & Design, Health Professions, and Management; and librarians.Login to the NEW Faculty e-Portfolio platform
Creating Your e-Portfolio
Timelines and Workflows
External Review Materials
Step 1: Prepare your documents
- All files should be in PDF format. Filenames start with the year and should clearly Indicate the contents. See the File Naming Conventions for more information and examples.
- Download the folder set, located at the bottom of this page, for your school or college.
- Move the documents into the correct folders. Add your Executive Summary, CV, and the letter from your department chair to the top-level folder. (See image of completed folders)
- Compress the folders.
Step 2: Create a portfolio page; upload and link your files
- Navigate to Content (Files). Upload your zipped folders. (PDF)
- Decompress the zipped file. (PDF)
- Navigate to Portfolio.
- Make a copy of the template. Add the name of your department into the Description field. (PDF)
- Link your files and folders from the Content area to the appropriate locations on the portfolio page. (PDF)
Step 3: Submit your portfolio
- Share your portfolio with Personnel Portfolios account, with permission to copy. Deadline is October 1 for faculty in year 3; December 1 for faculty in years 3 and beyond. (PDF)
- If you are a candidate for tenure and/or promotion, create a secret url of your External Review page, and share that link with your department chair. (See PDF)
- Global Faculty applying for renewal and/or promotion: Share your portfolio with permission to copy with "Personnel Portfolios" account to submit it (Deadline: December 1 for faculty in Vancouver). (PDF)
Step 4: for reviewers – DPC and SPC chairs and deans
- Locate ePortfolio pages by first navigating to the appropriate Group. Add your letter by creating a comment and attaching your letter of review. (PDF)
New ePortfolio Platform: Upload, Link, Submit
Create a "secret URL" for external reviewers
Create a Sabbatical Application