Posting of Publicity: U.S. Campuses
Belongs To Collection(s)
> student handbook us edition
Posters and other forms of advertising on the campus must conform to the following regulations and must be individually stamped prior to being posted. The college reserves the right to refuse requests for postings of information by non-New York Tech organizations, private individuals, groups, etc.
- All New York Tech-recognized and duly chartered student clubs and/or organizations must have programs and events approved by the Office of Student Life before distributing related publicity.
- All posters, flyers, banners, etc. must be approved and individually stamped by the Office of Student Life before being posted.
- Postings are permitted on bulletin boards only. Any bulletin board not designed as an official college or departmental bulletin board may be used to post flyers. Staples and push pins only are to be used on bulletin boards.
- Posting is not permitted on windows, doors, glass, trees or painted walls. Materials posted in these areas will be removed and discarded. Student clubs and organizations that post flyers inappropriately are subject to the possible suspensions of their privileges and/or fines.
- The Office of Student Life will approve limited copies for postings. One flyer may be posted per bulletin board. Flyers and other advertisements must be removed within 24 hours after the event has taken place.
- Flyers and other postings may be posted for a maximum of three weeks or until the date of the event (whichever comes first).
- All information on any posting must be expressed clearly.
- If a flyer is written in a language other than English, the flyer must include an English translation.
- There will be no postings of alcohol-related or drug-related events, obscenities, slanderous material, or material containing racist or sexist statements. This would include, but not be limited to, advertisements that show/promote nudity, violence, racism, sexism, alcohol, drugs, firearms or other items deemed inappropriate. Profanity or vulgarity is not permitted on advertisements.
- There will be limited posting of notices or flyers that support or endorse candidates for political office or political statements. New York Tech is a private college and not a public forum and reserves the right to limit and/or exclude such postings.
- Students wishing to advertise events with banners must discuss it in advance with the Office of Student Life.
- Use of any bulletin board or authorized space within the Student Activity Center or any building on any campus does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of any product, service, or information by the Office of Student Life or New York Tech.
- Students or student organizations in violation of any of the preceding regulations are subject to disciplinary action or financial sanction. Outside organizations in violation of these policies will not be permitted to post any information or use New York Tech facilities, and criminal charges may be pursued.