Outside Employment: Employees
Employees are permitted to engage in other work activity, including self employment, outside NYIT under certain conditions:
- Additional work activities may not reduce your efficiency in working for NYIT.
- Any work is subject to the Conflict of Interest policy.
- Your additional work activity must not compromise NYIT's image.
- You may not use any NYIT equipment, resources, or space for outside work.
- You may not conduct any outside business during your paid work time at NYIT.
Outside employment is not a valid excuse for poor job performance, absenteeism, lateness, leaving early, refusing to travel, refusing to change your hours, or for anything that interferes with your ability to perform your regular duties. Fraudulent use of your sick time for anything related to your outside work, or any other violation of this policy, will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including suspension or termination of employment.