New York Institute of Technology's institutional research practices are designed to meet the relevant standard set by its regional accrediting agency, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education:
“The institution has developed and implemented an assessment process that evaluates its overall effectiveness in achieving its mission and goals and its compliance with accreditation standards.”
The Office of Institutional Research is charged with the collection, analysis, and dissemination of institutional data and information to support institutional planning, monitoring, and decision-making as well as the assessment activities of other units.
Its mission is to:
- Foster community-wide development of useful and actionable information
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of data, with Information Technology Services (ITS) as the data systems expert
- Prepare and submit required external reports
- Prepare and submit internal analyses and reports in support of institutional planning and decision-making
- Conduct surveys of stakeholder groups and make findings available to support continuous improvement
- Assist faculty and support services departments in their ongoing efforts to improve learning outcomes including help with research design, data analysis, and survey construction and administration
The New York Institute of Technology Institutional Assessment Plan consolidates information about all the university's assessment initiatives into one comprehensive document. Fact Sheets are available that provide selected data for semesters, academic years and by location.
To request assistance from the Office of Institutional Research in obtaining information for planning and/or assessment, please use our Data Request Form. Additional links related to institutional research and higher education: