This program is offered in partnership with the Association of Financial Professionals (AFP)™. The CTP® examination is based on globally recognized standards of practice, concepts and theories in treasury management. The latest format is an interactive platform that contains study material, evaluations, sample questions and customized tracking. To summarize, by attending New York Tech’s CTP AFP Exam Prep Platform you will receive:
- Online platform includes: 20 hours of instructor-led videos, 20 chapters of digital reading material, case studies, knowledge checks in quiz format and timed practice questions.
- Most important— This class is instructor-led. Our instructor has been highly successful to help students maintain organization and keep focused toward passing the exam.
This class includes six parts:
- Part One: Introduction to Treasury Management
- Part Two: The Treasury Management Environment
- Part Three: Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Part Four: Working Capital Management
- Part Five: Risk Management
- Part Six: Financial Management
Course content reflects the general body of knowledge tested by AFP examinations. AFP recommends using the AFP sponsored Exam Prep Platform as a tool to study of the AFP body of knowledge, although no course of study can guarantee or ensure an individual’s success on the AFP certification exams.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Treasury Management from AFP and earn 3.6 CEU credits.
The CTP exam, made up of 170 questions, is based on the concepts and experiences basic to cash/treasury management. For eligibility requirements and registration information for the exam, go to the AFP Web site. Refer to the 2021–2022 CTP Test Specifications PDF for more information on the test specifications.
AFP has set up a guide to find strategies and test taking tips to help you prepare for the CTP exam. Sample questions, with answer keys, are included in the preparation guide.
Why should you earn the CTP credential?
- Higher salaries: Earn up to 8% more than your non-certified peers*.
- Increased job security: Validate your competency in liquidity, capital, and risk management functions.
- Greater career flexibility: Prepare for greater on-the-job responsibilities.
- Improves marketability. Stand out against others in a tough market.
- Boosts relevancy. Stay current in the profession with continuing education requirements.
*SOURCE: 2020 AFP COMPENSATION SURVEY
According to 2021 AFP Compensation Survey various factors influence a financial professional’s potential for promotion:Per the 2021 AFP Compensation Survey
The primary criterion for upward mobility is increased job responsibility (cited by 88 percent of respondents). Other factors impacting career advancement include:
- Contribution to department or company profitability (cited by 59 percent of respondents)
- Earning an MBA or other advanced degree (17 percent)
- Earning a professional certification such as AFP’s Certified Treasury Professional® (CTP) or Certified Cash Manager (CCM) (12 percent)
- Earning a CPA license (11 percent)
The survey data show that Vice Presidents of Finance who hold a CTP earned twenty percent more, on average, in 2020 than did their colleagues without the certification. Other titles that benefit from CTP certification include CFO, Cash Manager, Accounting Manager, Senior Treasury Analyst, Treasury Analyst and Senior Accountant.
The results of the 2021 AFP Compensation Survey suggest it is worth a financial professional’s investment to earn a professional certification or higher degree, since holding those certifications or degrees tends to lead to higher incomes and upward mobility.
2021 AFP® Compensation Report: Key Highlights
The AFP CTP Exam Prep® includes the online digital platform. Please take a free demo of these materials. These tools are augmented by the expertise of an experienced instructor. The classroom environment allows for interaction with your peers and the instructor, and provides structure to keep you on track to meet your goals.
* If you are an AFP member or New York Tech alumni, please select the class section that has an "S" in it, in order to receive your discount.
Schedule of Classes
Fall 2022 AFP TREASURY CLASS: XFIN-046-M01/M01S
Location: Remote through Zoom
Dates: Saturdays, October 1 to December 10, 2022 (no class on 10/26)
Time: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Cost: $1,450 for AFP members and New York Tech alumni and $1,550 for all others
Folarin Ojo, Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), is a Vice President and Senior Relationship Manager in the Mid-Corporate division of HSBC Bank. He has over 15+ years experience helping commercial clients optimize their capital resources and effectively manage risk. Prior to HSBC, Folarin worked as a Senior Portfolio Advisor with Merrill Lynch, Commercial Specialist with Bank of America, and Relationship Manager with JP Morgan Chase. Folarin received his MBA degree in Finance from Rutgers University in New Jersey. He holds a Series 79 investment banking license. He is also a Certified Treasury Professional, Certified Financial Planner, and Chartered Financial Consultant. Folarin has been teaching the Treasury class in person on Saturdays and will be teaching through Zoom this fall.
For additional information, please call 516.686.7722 or email email@example.com.
About the Textbook
As mentioned, a digital version of the AFP Essentials textbook is included in the cost of the class. CTP AFP class registrants will have an opportunity to purchase the print version of the AFP Essentials book for the discounted rate of $75 plus shipping if they wish to have a hard copy in addition to the digital version; the digital and print versions are identical.
Want to know more about Treasury classes?
Attend our Information Session on June 21, 2021 12 – 1 P.M.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom invite.
CTP Exam Deadlines
To register for the CTP exam, go to afponline.org.
Testing Window: December 1, 2022 – January 31, 2023
Early Application: September 28, 2022
Application Deadline: November 2, 2022