This program is offered in partnership with the Association of Financial Professionals (AFP)™. The CTP® examination is based on globally recognized standards of practice, concepts and theories in treasury management. The latest format is an interactive platform that contains study material, evaluations, sample questions and customized tracking. To summarize, by attending New York Tech’s CTP AFP Exam Prep Platform you will receive:
Online platform includes:
- 20 chapters of digital reading material, 15+ hours of instructor led videos, 1,310 total questions, 86 knowledge checks, 20 End of Chapter quizzes.
- 10 question quick quizzes that pull questions from across the platform.
- Practice test banks that pull 170 questions into either a timed or untimed attempt
- The official practice exam bank features 292 questions no found anywhere else on the platform.
- The platform wide practice exam bank will pull across the whole platform.
- The retired practice exam bank features 170 questions that were on previous versions of the actual exam 600+ definitional flashcards, 88+ formula flashcards, and 5 case studies (per https://ctpcert.afponline.org/preparation/ctp-exam-prep-platform)
Most important— This class is instructor-led. Our instructor has been highly successful to help students maintain organization and keep focused toward passing the exam.
This class includes six parts:
- Part One: Introduction to Treasury Management
- Part Two: The Treasury Management Environment
- Part Three: Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Part Four: Working Capital Management
- Part Five: Risk Management
- Part Six: Financial Management
Course content reflects the general body of knowledge tested by AFP examinations. AFP recommends using the AFP sponsored Exam Prep Platform as a tool to study of the AFP body of knowledge, although no course of study can guarantee or ensure an individual’s success on the AFP certification exams.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Treasury Management from AFP and earn 3.6 CEU credits.
The CTP exam, made up of 170 questions, is based on the concepts and experiences basic to cash/treasury management. For eligibility requirements and registration information for the exam, go to the AFP Web site.
AFP has set up a guide to find strategies and test taking tips to help you prepare for the CTP exam. Sample questions, with answer keys, are included in the preparation guide.
Why should you earn the CTP credential?
- Higher salaries: Earn up to 8% more than your non-certified peers*.
- Increased job security: Validate your competency in liquidity, capital, and risk management functions.
- Greater career flexibility: Prepare for greater on-the-job responsibilities.
- Improves marketability. Stand out against others in a tough market.
- Boosts relevancy. Stay current in the profession with continuing education requirements.
*SOURCE: 2020 AFP COMPENSATION SURVEY
The 2023 AFP Compensation Survey reports that treasury and finance professionals realized a 5% increase in their 2022 base salaries, the largest increase seen in the past 10 years. A total of 1,408 financial professionals responded to the survey, providing salary information for nearly 5000 incumbents.
Key highlights from the survey include:
In 2022, 70% of organizations awarded bonuses to their employees.
- Eighty-one percent of respondents cite increased job responsibility as the primary criterion for job mobility.
- Nearly 60% of treasury and finance practitioners report that there is a shortage of talent within the treasury and finance functions of their organizations.
- A majority of organizations (59%) have instituted a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) policy. Additionally, 9% are actively working on creating such a policy for their workplace.
SOURCE: 2023 AFP Compensation Report
The results of the 2021 AFP Compensation Survey suggest it is worth a financial professional’s investment to earn a professional certification or higher degree, since holding those certifications or degrees tends to lead to higher incomes and upward mobility.
2021 AFP® Compensation Report: Key Highlights
The AFP CTP Exam Prep® includes the online digital platform. Please take a free demo of these materials. These tools are augmented by the expertise of an experienced instructor. The classroom environment allows for interaction with your peers and the instructor, and provides structure to keep you on track to meet your goals.
* If you are an AFP member or New York Tech alumni, please select the class section that has an "S" in it, in order to receive your discount.
Schedule of Classes
FALL 2023 AFP TREASURY CLASS: XFIN-046-M01/M01S
Location: Remote through Zoom
Dates: Saturdays, October 7, 14, November 4, 11, 18 and December 2, 9 , 16 and 23 (No class on Thanksgiving weekend November 25 and no class on October 21 and 28).
Time: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Cost: $1,450 for AFP members and New York Tech alumni and $1,550 for all others
Nemiah E. Bryant, CTP, currently serves as a Risk and Controls Senior Officer for First Citizens Bancshares, Incorporated. In this role, Nemiah provides risk assessment and consultation support for business groups within the bank such as Information Technology and Information Security, Treasury Management and Merchant Services, SBA and Equipment Finance Lending, and Insurance Services. Nemiah has over 18 years of financial services experience within the Banking and Insurance industries. Prior to his career in financial services, Nemiah held leadership and managerial roles within the logistics and supply chain industry for a number retail and third-party organizations. Nemiah is a veteran of the U.S. Army, having served as a Captain in the Military Police Corps. Nemiah has experience as an Adjunct Instructor and Lecturer, teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in finance and supply chain management. Nemiah also teaches and tutors prospective candidates for the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) examination.
Nemiah holds an MBA in Finance from Jacksonville State University and has completed postgraduate education in Financial Analysis and Supply Chain Management from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Nemiah is a Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), and he holds additional certifications in risk management, supply chain management, global business, and business continuity. Nemiah is also Founder and President of his training and consulting firm, C Cubed Consultants LLC.
Watch CTP's I" Know Treasury" and Learn More
For additional information, please call 516.686.7722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Textbook
As mentioned, a digital version of the AFP Essentials textbook is included in the cost of the class. CTP AFP class registrants will have an opportunity to purchase the print version of the AFP Essentials book for the discounted rate of $75 plus shipping if they wish to have a hard copy in addition to the digital version; the digital and print versions are identical.
Want to know more about Treasury classes?
Attend our Information Session on June 21, 2021 12 – 1 P.M.
Email email@example.com for Zoom invite.
CTP Exam Deadlines
To register for the CTP exam, go to afponline.org.
Testing Window: June 1 – July 31, 2023
Early Application: April 26, 2023
Application Deadline: May 17, 2023