Top tools to support your success at NYIT. Sorted and organized.
- Zotero – Gather and organize sources and share the results of your research.
- Mendeley – Reference manager and academic social network.
- Jing – Record on-screen activity, edit and enhance your content, and share to viewers anywhere.
- GoogleDocs Presentation – Create presentations and open existing ones. Share with others to edit together.
- Prezi – A cloud-based presentation software and storytelling tool with a zoomable canvas.
- SlideShare – Upload files privately or publicly in the following file formats: PowerPoint, PDF, Keynote or OpenOffice presentations.
- Blogger – A simple and quick way to get a blog up and running with your NYIT MyMail address.
- Google Docs – A suite of collaboration applications.
- Dropbox – File syncing service that lets you bring your docs, images and videos anywhere and share them.
- Google Drive – Home to NYIT's Google productivity tools.
- SpiderOak – Store, sync and share privately.
- Evernote – Sync all of your documents, images, and more across all of your devices.
- Miro – Online collaborative whiteboard platform.
- PiratePad – Use Piratepad in class for real-time collaborative note-taking
- Audacity – Multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems.
- Google Voice – Voice, text messaging, call forwarding and voicemail services.
- Google Hangouts – Video chat including instant messaging, SMS and VOIP features.
- Skype – Communicate and collaborate using instant messaging and VoIP.
- VoiceThread – Post media artifacts including images, videos, documents, and presentations, for community feedback.
- YouTube – Create, upload and share video with your students using your NYIT username and password. Videos can be public, unlisted, or private.
- Zoom – Video meeting service. It supports HD video, audio, chat, and screen-sharing for up to 25 participants at a time. Select "Login with Google" and enter your NYIT ID.
- Diigo – Collection and annotation of screenshots and pictures, and personal memos.