Find Online Resources
Find information on your topic in journals, magazines, and newspapers, by searching in one of the many research databases by subject and topic.
Search the catalogs of libraries around the world for books, ebooks, videos, digital images, audio files and multimedia resources.
- Journal Locator – Search for print and electronic journals, magazines and newspapers available in full text at NYIT.
- Find a PDF – If you have a DOI or PMID simply enter it and access your article in full text.
- BrowZine – Easily discover, read, and monitor the key journals in your field.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education – On-campus premium access to The Chronicle is free. Follow these instructions to sign up for off-campus access.
Find Open Educational Resources
CloudSourceOA – Access a comprehensive collection of vetted Open Access (OA) articles, journals, eBooks, OER and more.
Find definitions, background information, overviews, statistics, and more, by using these reference tools.
Online Encyclopedias & Dictionaries
- Britannica Online – The complete encyclopedia, as well as Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
- Credo Reference – More than 100 reference tools that can be searched collectively or individually.
- Encyclopedia of Associations – Detailed information about nonprofit American membership organizations, and multinational associations.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library – Multiple specialized encyclopedias.
- Oxford Reference Online – 200+ language and subject dictionaries in a single cross-searchable website.
- New York Times Digital Edition – Full access to NYTimes.com and NYTimes smartphone apps.
- Wall Street Journal – Full access to WSJ.com, WSJ App, WSJ newsletters and WSJ podcasts.
Find multimedia such as digital images, music or other audio files, videos, etc.
- IEEE Courses – Educational courses from IEEE conferences and workshops around the world.
- Jove Core Collection – Videos for Chemistry and Biology labs.
- Kanopy Streaming Video – Video subscription is per title. If the video you need is not available as full access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LinkedIn Learning – Over 3,000 courses (and over 130,000 videos) in popular fields like web design, web development, IT, education/instruction, media production, and business.
- Swank Streaming Films – Video subscription is per title. If the video you need is not available as full access, please email email@example.com.
- AccessMedicine – Textbooks, images and videos for neurology and related areas.
- ARTstor – A digital library of images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences.
- Bridgeman Art Library Archive – Collection of digital images for architecture and the fine and decorative arts.
- Oxford Art Online – Art encyclopedia for visual arts and culture.
To locate course reserve materials including print and e-reserves for your classes, search the library catalog by keyword, author, or title, and limit to Shelf Location, Reserve Collection.
Deposit papers, and other resources for long-term access.