Find Online Resources
Find information on your topic in journals, magazines, and newspapers, by searching in one of the many research databases by subject and topic.
Search the catalogs of libraries around the world for books, ebooks, videos, digital images, audio files and multimedia resources.
- NYIT Journal Locator – Search for print and electronic journals, magazines and newspapers available in full text at NYIT.
- Find a PDF – If you have a DOI or PMID simply enter it and access your article in full text.
- BrowZine – Easily discover, read, and monitor the key journals in your field.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education – On-campus premium access to The Chronicle is free. Follow these instructions to sign up for off-campus access.
Find definitions, background information, overviews, statistics, and more, by using these reference tools.
Online Encyclopedias & Dictionaries
- Britannica Online – The complete encyclopedia, as well as Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
- Encyclopedia of Associations – Detailed information about nonprofit American membership organizations, and multinational associations.
- Oxford Reference Online – 200+ language and subject dictionaries in a single cross-searchable website.
- Credo Reference – More than 100 reference tools that can be searched collectively or individually.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library – Multiple specialized encyclopedias.
- Biography Reference Center – Full text biographies.
- Oxford Art Online – Art encyclopedia for visual arts and culture. Includes Grove Art Online and Dictionary of Art.
- Statistical & Data Sources to find statistical tables and raw data.
Find multimedia such as digital images, music or other audio files, videos, etc.
- 3D architectural images: 3ds Max files – 3ds Max architectural images of United States cities.
- AccessMedicine – Textbooks, images and videos for neurology and related areas.
- AP Images – Photographs from the Associated Press archive. Requires NYPL login.
- ARTstor – A digital library of images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences.
- Bridgeman Art Library Archive – Collection of digital images for architecture and the fine and decorative arts.
- ImageQuest – 2 million images, rights-cleared for non-commercial, educational use.
- OIAster – Catalog of digital resources from open archive collections.
- Oxford Art Online – Art encyclopedia for visual arts and culture.
- American History Online – 5,541 videos of U.S. political, military, social and cultural history.
- C-SPAN Video Library (1987-) – Coverage of every House and Senate session and every White House press briefing and other acts of official Washington. Includes additional special programming on political and historical topics.
- Kanopy Streaming Video – Watch over 30,000 documentary, classic and indie films from 800 top producers such as Criterion Collection, A24 and PBS.
- Lynda.com – Over 3,000 courses (and over 130,000 videos) in popular fields like web design, web development, IT, education/instruction, media production, and business. Requires NYPL login.
- NYIT Library Catalog – Search our catalog to find videos by limiting your results to type: dvd or type: video cassette.
Locate course reserve materials including print and e-reserves for your classes.