Five NYIT experts will be highlighted the week of January 28 in a “takeover” of The Academic Minute, a daily segment on Northeast Public Radio featuring research that contributes to serving the public good. The weekly takeover is a privilege that allows universities to feature a different expert each day within a week (Monday - Friday) and is also promoted to readers of Inside Higher Ed.
- Monday, January 28: Pamela Treister, D.N.P., clinical assistant professor of nursing. Topic: "Addressing Uncompensated Emergency Care."
- Tuesday, January 29: Dongsei Kim, M.Des., assistant professor of architecture. Topic: "Architecture’s Impact on Changing Nation-State Borders."
- Wednesday, January 30: Bryan Gibb, Ph.D., assistant professor of life sciences. Topic: "Fighting Antibiotic Resistance with Viruses."
- Thursday, January 31: Ziqian (Cecilia) Dong, Ph.D., associate professor of electrical and computer engineering. Topic: "3-D Visualization for Improved Food, Energy, and Water Supply."
- Friday, February 1: Hallie Zwibel, D.O., assistant professor of family medicine and director, NYIT Center for Sports Medicine. Topic: "Health Care Professionals' Role in eSports."
The segments can be found online each morning and will aggregate over the week.
For a complete list of this and other media placements, visit our NYIT in the Media page.