International Student Career Resources
As an F-1 student you have the opportunity to gain work experience to complement your education. You may be eligible for Internship/Curricular Practical Training while you are completing your studies and Optional Practical Training after you graduate. You must see an International Student Advisor on your campus to find out about your eligibility status.
Useful links for International Students:
- MyVisaJobs: find companies that have petitioned for for H1B visas and search for jobs.
- H1B Visa Information: find companies that have recently petitioned for H1B visas.
- E-Verify Employers Search Tool: find out if potential employers are e-verified.
- Internships/Curricular Practical Training: students doing internships in the U.S. must adhere to federal government regulations outlined here.
- CampusCareerCenter.com: Global career resources for American and visiting foreign national students. Includes: "Diversity Center," "Intern Zone," and "Foreign Exchange"
- Student Exchange and Visitor Program: is a helpful site that outlines regulations about a citizen of a foreign country traveling to the U.S., and the type of visa you will need based on the purpose of your travel.
- Foreign Born: is a resource for citizens of foreign countries entering and living in the U.S.