To access the Long Island and New York City campuses, all students, faculty, and staff must:
- Be vaccinated and upload proof of vaccination.
- Wear masks indoors in public areas and classrooms, irrespective of vaccination status.
- Complete an online COVID-19 health screen each day prior to arriving on campus. You can access the Health Screen on the my.nyit.edu portal.
As of November 15, 2021, everyone wishing to access the Long Island and New York City campuses will be required to show their COVID-19 Health Screen to New York Tech security guards each day upon entry.
Every day you plan to access campus, please go to this icon on the my.nyit.edu portal and follow the prompts. Once completed, you will receive one of three screens: green, blue, or red.
APPROVED: After all questions are answered, if you are approved through the health screen, you will receive this icon that permits campus access for the day. There is a fast pass lane for green screen holders on the Long Island campus.
APPROVED/NEED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: If you receive this icon, you may access campus for the day as long as you provide additional documentation: proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test within past seven days (also a requirement for those individuals who have an approved exemption) or exemption letter from New York Tech’s chief medical officer.
NOT APPROVED: After answering all health screen questions, you will receive this icon if you are not approved, and will not be permitted to enter campus.
- Long Island campus: Please enter at Main Campus Road and be prepared to show your health screen at entry. We will have a “fast pass” lane for those who have received green screen access approval on the daily Health Screen.
- New York City campus: Please check in at 1855 Broadway to receive a security badge to gain access to all buildings on campus.
Remember to leave plenty of time to get through security, as delays may occur. If you experience any issues with the Health Screen, please alert the Office of Security on your campus:
- Long Island: 516.686.7789
- New York City: 646.273.7789
If you aren’t feeling well and are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please do not come to campus.Review New York Tech's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Campus Hours: Long Island and New York City
Updated: June 16, 2021
Current hours of operation are:
- Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.