Grades & Transcripts
Your grades can be accessed online at NYITConnect. If you are missing a grade for a course, contact your instructor or the academic department.
The NYIT Catalog provides information on official grades and their equivalent quality points.
Grades Affecting Financial Aid Eligibility
To remain eligible for financial aid, all students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (view Undergraduate policy / Graduate policy) toward their degree. There are several grades other than A, B, C, D, or F that may also affect your financial aid eligibility. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
If you believe that you have received an incorrect grade, notify your instructor that you have a dispute with the grade you received and that you would like to request a change of grade.
- If the instructor agrees that the grade should be changed – he or she will complete a change of grade form and send it along with the appropriate documentation to the chair of the department to sign. Once the form has been signed by the instructor and department chairs, it will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar and the grade change will be processed.
- If the instructor does not agree the grade should be changed – you may initiate a grade appeal. In order to timely commence such a challenge, a student must notify the instructor in writing no later than the third week of the succeeding semester that s/he wishes to challenge the grade. For assistance with the grade appeal procedure, please contact the Office of the Registrar on your campus.
- The official NYIT transcript includes all undergraduate and graduate academic work completed at NYIT.
- The official NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine transcript includes professional academic work completed at NYITCOM.
- All official transcripts, ordered for colleges or prospective employers, are signed, impressed with the NYIT's official seal, and placed in a sealed envelope sent directly to the recipient you indicate.
Unofficial transcripts, ordered for personal use, are signed, impressed with the NYIT's official seal, and stamped "Unofficial Student Copy."
There is a $10 fee for each transcript ordered. NYIT reserves the right to withhold transcripts and diplomas until all financial obligations including fees, fines, and security deposits to the college have been satisfied.
Note: If you attended NYIT and College of Osteopathic Medicine, you must request separate transcripts for your NYITCOM academic program and your NYIT academic program. To order your undergraduate/graduate transcript, choose "Complete/All" transcript type in your transcript order. To order your medical transcript only, choose "Medical" transcript type.
The transcript ordering service is available online through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). Log in through NYITConnect to order a transcript (a consent form is not required) or access the NSC directly at getmytranscript.com (you will need to submit a consent form). You may order an electronic transcript in PDF form or opt to receive a paper copy by mail.
Mail or fax a completed and signed Transcript Request Form to the Old Westbury or Manhattan registrar's address or fax number as indicated on the form.
Verify Enrollment and Degree
Enrollment records are available since Fall 1996 through the National Student Clearinghouse, NYIT's agent for verification of enrollment status.
Obtain an Enrollment Verification
- If you have access to NYITConnect:
Sign in and click on the Enrollment Verification link on the Student Center page. It will take you to the National Student Clearinghouse site. You may also print an advanced registration certificate showing your enrollment in a future semester. There is no fee associated with this service if you access it through NYITConnect.
- If you do not have access to NYITConnect:
Access the National Student Clearinghouse site directly. There is a fee charged for enrollment verification via direct access to the Clearinghouse site, which must be paid with a credit card.
Obtain Degree Verification
All students or former students who need to verify their degree must do so through the National Student Clearinghouse site. There is a fee, which must be paid with a credit card.