Health & Medical Academy
Curious about a career in medicine or other health professions? Explore the fields of nursing, clinical nutrition, occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, and osteopathic medicine in this hands-on two-week program. Earn two academic credits upon completion of this program.
You’ll have an opportunity to:
- Participate in laboratory sessions in our state-of-the-art facilities.
- Tour our anatomy, simulation, and biomechanics labs.
- Attend interactive lectures by faculty in NYIT School of Health Professions and NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Receive CPR training.
This program is offered in a single two-week session:
- July 8 – 19
The program runs Monday through Friday on our Long Island campus.
Costs (two-week session)
- Tuition: $1,520
- Lab and materials fee: $50
We will be offering a number of merit-based scholarships for each of our programs. Scholarships will be awarded to students based on their strong interest and commitment toward pursuing their selected area of study and on merit.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must be enrolled in high school (10th, 11th, or 12th grade) and submit the following:
- Formal essay (300-350 words) explaining why you are interested in your selected program and how it will prepare you for college and your future career.
- Two recommendation letters from a teacher or guidance counselor.
- Copy of your most recent high school transcript.
The deadline for scholarship applications is May 1. Scholarship recipients will be notified the week of May 15.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED