Student Ambassador Program
Serve as a Role Model and Represent NYIT
Demonstrate your commitment to leadership and to academic advancement for yourself and your peers by becoming a School of Management student ambassador. You’ll act as a steward upon behalf of the dean, forging social networks across the campus and communicating with outside business groups as an official representative of NYIT. This opportunity is open to any School of Management student who has earned at least 15 credit hours and a 3.6 GPA.
The mission of the Student Ambassador Program is to:
- Promote an ethic of service and leadership by representing the School of Management at social, cultural, recruitment, and fundraising events.
- Engage in meaningful service and citizenship.
- Serve as public relations advocates for the School of Management.
As a student ambassador, you’ll sharpen your communication, organizational, and leadership skills by performing several “diplomatic” functions that include:
- Coordinating social events for the School of Management, such as the annual gala, orientation sessions, school commencement, and other activities.
- Running community fund raising programs.
- Participating and planning the annual Stakeholder’s Conference.
- Delivering professional enrichment activities.
- Promoting peer mentoring programs among students.
- Running School of Management social media channels to promote events and news.
- Monitoring the school’s website to ensure content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Administering and collating research garnered through surveys.