SHRM® Essentials of Human Resources Certificate Program XHRC-801
If you're new to human resources or want to strengthen your employee management skills, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources Certificate Program is for you. Knowledge of the essentials can make you a better manager, protect your company from needless litigation, and help advance your career.
You'll benefit from the shared experiences of your instructor and peers, and learn new techniques for handling HR challenges. Developed by leading HR experts, HR practitioners, and legal counsel, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course covers introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. The straightforward format ensures that HR concepts can be mastered and applied to real-life situations. You will:
- Keep up with key federal laws in areas such as total rewards, equal employment opportunity and harassment
- Improve employee recruitment and selection
- Increase your knowledge of orientation, onboarding, development and training
- Understand best practices for employee handbooks
- Download and use sample templates like employment applications, job descriptions, disciplinary policies and more
Topics covered in this course include:
- Human Resources
- Talent Acquisition
- Total Rewards
- Learning and Development
- Performance Management
- Employment Law
"This class was a massive help to me immediately. Not only did it put into perspective the importance of Human Resources in the big picture of any organization, it also taught me as much in a four week span as I learned in four years on the job. I learned new techniques to apply to every area of HR, and feel like my value as an employee has increased dramatically as a result. Mary was the best kind of instructor a student can hope for: One who is incredibly knowledgeable and shows a genuine care and interest in all her students. This was the best class I've taken in a very long time, and I encourage anyone who aspires to grow as an HR Professional to invest in the experience!"
–Nathan Taft, Summer 2020 Registrant
New York Institute of Technology is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) This program is valid for 15 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification. This activity has been approved for 15 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, PHRi, SPHRi, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute The use of the HR Certification Institute Approved Provider seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute's criteria to be preapproved for recertification credit.
Spring 2022 – Essentials of Human Resources XHRC-801-W01
Date: Fridays, April 29, 5/6, 5/13, and 5/20
Location: Online through Zoom
Time: 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., plus online final exercise
Credit: 15 re-certification HRCI and PDC credits
You can also register by email by sending the above registration form to email@example.com For additional information please call 516.686.7722.
Instructors for Essentials of Human Resource Management classes
Class in New York City on Fridays will be taught by RoseMarie LaMar, MS, SPHR. She has 20 years of HR experience and leads a HR consulting company that provides solutions to small and mid-sized companies. She has been teaching this class for quite a while and the students always find her class to be informative and worthwhile.
Class in Long Island on Fridays will be taught by Mary Simmons, PHR. She has been in the HR profession for over 25 years. Mary is now a Director of HR Consulting at Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl and Associates. At PMP, Mary assists small and large companies with their Human Resources needs such as compliance with state and federal employment laws, customized training programs to improve productivity, creating compliant employee handbooks, career counseling and recruitment. Mary has her BA in Human Resources from University of Delaware and her PHR from New York Tech.
Who can benefit from the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course?
Benefits To You
You'll benefit from:
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- A solid HR knowledge foundation to build on as you advance in your career.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
- It sets the stage for further professional development with the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification.
- Professional Development Credits (PDCs) or recertification credit hours and a certificate upon completion.
Benefits To Your Employer
SHRM Essentials benefits your entire organization:
- Reduces the company's risk of high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-Human Resources.
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance.
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization.
- Enhances the importance of the HR function within your company.
Who Should Enroll in this Course?
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course provides a solid foundation in human resources concepts and is effective training across multiple job responsibilities and career paths.
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company and business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to enhance their resume with HR skills