International Education Week at NYIT
November 12, 2018 - November 16, 2018
Join us for International Education Week, an initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education! As a college with students from over 90 countries and multiple study-abroad programs, NYIT participates every year to underscore our efforts to educate community leaders with global acumen.
From November 12 – 16, events across the New York City and Long Island campuses will focus on social causes worldwide, career development in the global market, and intercultural exchange. In addition to our events, the Office of Global Engagement will provide information on study-abroad opportunities, and partner with international artisans to sell crafts at “global markets” on the New York City campus throughout the week.
The week culminates in our first ever IEE Award Night, where we honor the winners of our annual "No Ordinary Journey" essay contest and present awards to students, faculty, staff, and community partners for outstanding contributions within NYIT’s experiential education programs.
Monday, November 12
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.: International Education Week Kickoff (LI/NYC)
Tuesday, November 13
- 12:45 - 2 p.m.: Connecting Across Cultures (LI/NYC)
- 12:45 - 2 p.m.: LGBTQ+ Rights Around the Globe (NYC)
Wednesday, November 14
- Noon - 3 p.m.: Navigate Your Community (NYC)
Thursday, November 15
- 12:45 - 2 p.m.: Traditional Thanksgiving Luncheon (LI)
- 12:45 - 2 p.m.: International Education Panel (NYC)
Friday, November 16
- 5:30 - 8 p.m.: IEE Award Night (NYC)