Study in the U.S.

Study in New York

New York is a global hub for culture, design, art, finance, architecture, and more. If you're matriculated as a New York Tech student at one of our global campuses or a visiting international exchange student, you can come to New York and take classes for a semester or more at our New York City or Long Island campus through our global exchange program. Explore new cultures and career paths while you make friends with classmates from around the world.


To be eligible for the global exchange program, you must:

  • Be in good academic standing and already matriculated in a New York Tech degree program at one of our international campuses, or matriculated at a foreign university
  • Get permission from your campus dean or academic advisor (for New York Tech students), or provide official transcripts from your home university
  • Choose the New York Tech campus (New York City or Long Island) where you wish to study, if applicable (some programs are only offered on one New York campus)
  • Provide necessary documentation, including a completed visa application, Change of Campus Form, and Global Exchange Application (current New York Tech Students) or Visiting Non-Degree Student Application Form
  • Submit a non-refundable Global Exchange Assessment Fee, payable by wire transfer or credit card, with your application

Contact if you need assistance.

Application Deadlines

  • Fall semester: May 1
  • Spring semester: November 1

Visa Information (J-1 and F-1)

There are two types of visas associated with the global exchange program:

  • Apply for a J-1 visa if you plan to attend a New York campus for one semester
  • Apply for an F-1 visa if you plan to attend a New York campus for more than one semester

To obtain a J-1 or F-1 visa, you will need:

  • Notarized or stamped financial affidavit of support for the current academic year that shows there are adequate financial resources to finance your New York Tech education
  • Current bank statement (dated within six months) stamped by a bank official showing a balance that meets the required minimum stated on the financial affidavit
  • Copy of your passport

Send all completed application forms to

Additional Visa Resources

Immunization Policy/Requirements


If you would like to reside in New York Tech housing, please review online resources provided by the Office of Residence Life and submit completed housing applications to

Coming to New York: Getting Started

Choose your language:


Global Academic Programs