Tiffani L. Hinds joined New York Institute of Technology as interim Dean of Students for the Long Island and New York City campuses in July 2019 after serving as Dean of Students at The College of New Rochelle (CNR). As Dean of Students, she was responsible for championing New York Tech’s goal to be a student-centered institution that creates culture change, promotes inclusion and diversity, stimulates innovation and entrepreneurship, and promotes personal and professional student growth and development. She worked closely with faculty, department chairs, deans, and student affairs staff to enhance the student experience through programs, initiatives and resources related to student activities, residence life, health and wellness, new student orientation, student leadership, judicial affairs, and commuter student services.
In December 2022, Tiffani was appointed Associate Provost of Student Engagement and Development. In this position, she serves as the Chief Student Affairs Officer for New York Tech’s New York campuses and reports directly to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs. Reporting to the Associate Provost are the Dean of Students, Senior Director of Career Success & Experiential Education, Director of the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) office and the Director of Student Engagement & Development Administration and Operations.
In addition to her extensive higher education experience, Tiffani is dedicated to service and volunteerism. Actively involved in the Archdiocese of New York, she has been a commissioner of the Office of Black Ministry of the Archdiocese since 2005. She is a member of the North Manhattan Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., and a 2016 recipient of the Business Council of Westchester's Rising Star award, which recognizes individuals under the age of 40 who excel in their fields/leadership in the county.
She currently serves on the board of trustees of The Ursuline School in New Rochelle and has organized and participated in several service trips in Mexico, Haiti, and the U.S., among other volunteer activities.
An alumna of CNR, Tiffani holds a master's degree in industrial/organizational psychology from Baruch College and a master's degree in higher and post-secondary education from Teachers College at Columbia University. Currently, she is enrolled in a doctoral program in organizational leadership at Northeastern University.
- Dissertation topic will focus on African-American female adult learners; technological self-efficacy; undergraduate "in the classroom" experiences with academic technology
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Individual Excellence Award, Senior Professional, LICSPA Higher Education Professionals of Long Island and New York City, 2021
- Recipient, 40 Under 40 Rising Star Award from The Business Council of Westchester, June 2016
- Recipient, Standing on their Shoulders: A Celebration of the Wisdom of Women Award from the Bronx Alumnae Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., March 2017
- Recipient, Trailblazer Award from the Psi Lambda Lambda Chapter, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., April 2019