Kevin Park has a distinguished career as a leader in business and technology. He is currently a faculty member at New York Institute of Technology (2007) and NYU (2013), and a co-founder/director of UX design at ObjectivEye—a startup that provides a deep understanding and customized UX/UI design and analysis to the AR/VR industry.
Park is co-developer of the AR/VR certificate program, and assisted in developing the M.A. in UX/UI Design and Development in 2018 at New York Institute of Technology. He also teaches User Experience Design; User Interface and Interaction Design; AR/VR Design; Advertising and Branding; and Graphic Design.
He co-developed both the User Experience Design Professional diploma (2016) and UX Design curriculum for NYU's School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS). Since 2013 at NYU, he has taught in areas of UX Design, Brand Design, and Technology in Physical Space.
Park has more than 20 years of professional experience in the art, design, and emerging tech culture. He worked as a senior UX design manager at The Metropolitan Museum of Art for 17 years, and a design consultant for Pentagram, Antenna International, Smithsonian Museum, MoMA, Guggenheim, The Art Institute of Chicago, Harvard University, and McDonald's. He has been influential in the culture of design and remains unmatched through his passion of bridging the gap of AR/VR technology through our daily lives today.
Park holds a Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from the School of Visual Arts, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from Maryland Institute College of Art. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife and child.
- Woodstock 50 Year Anniversary AR Multimedia Guide Tour Bethel, N.Y. (UX Design Consultant): Designed augmented reality interactive tour for the Museum at Bethel Woods.
- Empire State Building New York, N.Y. (UX Design Consultant): Designed schematic designs for the Empire State Building VIP Tour, to include both a teacher/guide app and a student/visitor app.
- Sydney Living Museum, Sydney, Australia (UX Design Consultant): Designed discovery workshop and creative brief presentation for Hyde Park Barracks.
- Smithsonian Museums and Enterprises, Washington, D.C. (UX Design Consultant): Multimedia guide app proposal for Smithsonian Enterprises, National Museum of American History, National Portrait Gallery, and The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- National Palace Museum, Taipei, Taiwan (UX Design Consultant): AR interactive app, and various IOS and Android multimedia guide apps for adults, children, and sign language visitors in eight languages.
- Google For Education, 2018
Professional Honors and Awards
- Google Faculty Institute, GCP grants (2018)
- Facebook Oculus Developer Fund (2016, 2017)
- NYU SPS Faculty Professional Development Fund (2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Museums and the Web, Research/Collections Online Awards (2013)
- Association of American Museum Design Award (2008)
- Association of American Museum MUSE Awards (2005)
- Association of American Museum Design Awards (2003)
Courses I Have Taught at NYIT
- UX/UI Design
- UX/UI Design for VR/AR/MR
- AR/VR Certificate Program: Unity, Interactive Design
- Computer Graphic Art Advertising Design I and II
- Introduction to Digital Imaging Graphic Design I