Sebastien Marion specializes in education technology, contemporary literacies, and libraries. He is an independent thinker, online educator, and expert learner.
In addition to teaching research and information literacy methods in a variety of subject areas, he has chaired and served on numerous strategic committees, and is a leader in planning initiatives designed to guide the university of the future. In addition, Marion has appeared on Fox News to discuss libraries of the future and learning commons.
A Canadian native, Marion received his Master of Information Science from Western University, an M.B.A. from NYIT, and an Honors Specialization in English Language and Literature from Western University.
Recent Projects & Research
- Tech Talks, a PechaKucha Event Celebrating Learning and Technology
- Tools for Teaching and Learning
Publications & Presentations
- “Only a Third of Students Enter College with Research Skills” Interview, GoodCall blog. July, 2017.
- “The Progressive Librarians: 10 Ways to be More Forward-Thinking” Interview, Thomson Reuters State of Innovation blog. May, 2016.
- “Libraries of the Future”. Live interview, Fox 5 News with Ernie Anastos. December 9, 2014.
- "Mind Mapping: Towards Patterns for Learning." Nassau County Library Association. April 27, 2012.
Courses Taught at NYIT
- Research and information literacy sessions in numerous disciplines, including computers and society, technology and global issues, education, and business development.
- NYIT 120 - Information Literacy