Radoslaw (Radek) Nowak received his Ph.D. at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Prior to joining academia, he worked as a manager and business consultant at Fortune 500 companies in the United States. Nowak specializes in the field of strategic management and managerial effectiveness.
- Decision-making process and innovation
- Why some firms fail to adapt to changing demands of the market?
- Managerial effectiveness and business performance
- Nowak (2023). How Resistance to Change Impairs Innovation in Journal of Strategy and Management.
- Nowak (2022). Speed of Decision-making and Business Performance presented at the 82nd Annual Academy of Management Meeting, Strategy Division.
- Nowak (2022): How Psychological Safety Enables Innovation in International Journal of Innovation Management.
- Nowak (2021): Cognitive Diversity and Innovation chapter in Managing Knowledge, Absorptive Capacity and Innovation – The Series on Technology Management.
- Nowak (2021): Foundations of Strategic Flexibility: Focus on Cognitive Diversity and Structural Empowerment in Management Research Review.
- Nowak (2021): Strategic Flexibility and Performance: Effects of Potential and Realised Absorptive Capacity in International Journal of Innovation Management.
- Nowak (2021): Process of Strategic Planning and Cognitive Diversity as Determinants of Cohesiveness and Performance in Business Process Management Journal.
- Nowak (2021): Structural Empowerment and Serving Culture as Determinants of Organizational Identification and Turnover Intention in Management Research Review.
- Nowak (2020): Does Employee Understanding of Strategic Objectives Matter? Effects on Culture and Performance in Journal of Strategy and Management.
- Nowak (2020): The Effects of Cognitive Diversity and Cohesiveness on Absorptive Capacity in International Journal of Innovation Management.
- Nowak (2019): Developing Serving Culture: Focus on Workplace Empowerment in Employee Relations.
Courses Taught at New York Tech
- BUSI 510: Research Methods in Business
- BUSI 740: Global Strategy I
- BUSI 750: Global Strategy II
- DATA 101: Making Sense of a Data-Oriented Society
- HRMT 714: Organizational Behavior
- HRMT 802: Talent Management
- HRMT 887: Strategy Seminar
- MGMT 501: Principles of Management
- MGMT 605: Organizational Development and Behavior
- MGMT 620: International Dimensions of Organizational Behavior