Radoslaw (Radek) Nowak received his Ph.D. at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Prior to joining academia, he worked as a manager and business consultant at Fortune 500 companies in the United States. Nowak specializes in the field of strategic management and managerial effectiveness.
- How do firms make decisions that lead to innovation?
- What factors can determine that some firms successfully adapt to changing demands of external markets while other firms fail?
- What can managers do to improve performance of individual employees, groups, and business organizations?
- Nowak (2022): How Psychological Safety Enables Innovation in International Journal of Innovation Management.
- Nowak (2021): Cognitive Diversity and Innovation. Chapter in Managing Knowledge, Absorptive Capacity and Innovation -- The Series on Technology Management.
- Nowak (2021): Foundations of Strategic Flexibility: Focus on Cognitive Diversity and Structural Empowerment in Management Research Review.
- Nowak (2021): Strategic Flexibility and Performance: Effects of Potential and Realised Absorptive Capacity in International Journal of Innovation Management.
- Nowak (2021): Process of Strategic Planning and Cognitive Diversity as Determinants of Cohesiveness and Performance in Business Process Management Journal.
- Nowak (2021): Structural Empowerment and Serving Culture as Determinants of Organizational Identification and Turnover Intention in Management Research Review.
- Nowak (2020): Does Employee Understanding of Strategic Objectives Matter? Effects on Culture and Performance in Journal of Strategy and Management.
- Nowak (2020): The Effects of Cognitive Diversity and Cohesiveness on Absorptive Capacity in International Journal of Innovation Management.
- Nowak (2019): Developing Serving Culture: Focus on Workplace Empowerment in Employee Relations.
Courses Taught at New York Tech
- BUSI 750: Global Strategy II
- BUSI 740: Global Strategy I
- HRMT 887: Strategy Seminar
- BUSI 510: Research Methods in Business
- MGMT 605: Organizational Development and Behavior
- MGMT 620: International Dimensions of Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 501: Principles of Management
- HRMT 802: Talent Management
- HRMT 714: Organizational Behavior