Petra F.A. Dilling holds a Ph.D. degree from the University of Frankfurt (Germany) with a specialization in international accounting. She received her M.B.A. degree in accounting from Simon Fraser University (Canada) and her B.B.A. degree from the University of Mannheim (Germany). Dilling worked in the finance and accounting education in Germany as well as in Canada where she also received her Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA), CGA designation.
Her research interests are in the area of corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and financial and non-financial reporting. Dilling has made contributions that impacted the academic community in the area of sustainability reporting. She has also made contributions through service to the academic community, as recognition of her scholarship, through her inclusion as a reviewer (Journal of Cleaner Production, Interdisciplinary Environmental Review), associate editor (The International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability) and conference session chair for several academic conferences.
Dilling believes in learning through application of knowledge and in a reflective student learning process that she describes as innovative and hands on. She is also very passionate about engaging students through technology.
- Longitudinal assessment of disclosure on long-term value creation by Canadian extractive companies
- Dilling, P. & Caykoylu, S. (2019): Determinants of Companies that Disclose High-Quality Integrated Reports, Sustainability, 2019, 11(13), 3744
- Dilling, P. & Harris, P. (2018): Reporting on long-term value creation by Canadian companies: A longitudinal assessment, Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 191, August 2018.
- Dilling, P. & Harris, P. (2017): Case Study: Consolidated Balance Sheet At Date Of Purchase, Journal of Business Case Studies, Volume 13, Number 1, 2017.
- Dilling, Petra F.A. (2016): “Reporting on Long-Term Value Creation—The Example of Public Canadian Energy and Mining Companies”, Sustainability, Sustainability 2016, 8, 938; doi:10.3390/su8090938, http://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/8/9/938
- Dilling, Petra F.A. (2016): “Integrated reporting - How quickly are we moving?”, 2nd Academic International Conference on Law, Economics and Finance (AICLEF 2016 University of Cambridge), Cambridge, UK, Conference proceedings, June 6-8, 2016
- Dilling, P. & Harris, P. (2013): Communication of Corporate Social Responsibility Information on Canadian Corporate Webpages, The International Journal of Sustainability Policy and Practice, Vol. 8, 2013.
- Dilling, Petra (2011): Stakeholder perception of corporate social responsibility, International Journal of Management and Marketing Research, Vol. 4, No. 2, 2011.
Honors and Awards
- Honorary Member, Delta Mu Delta, 2012
- Outstanding Research Award, Institute for Business & Finance Research, 2011
- New York Tech global research summer grant, 2011
- Best paper award, International Applied Business Research conference, 2009
Courses Taught at New York Tech
- ACCT 501, 610, 701, 713
- SBES 601
- MGMT 620, 630, 650