N. Sertac Artan is an Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) College of Engineering and Computer Sciences. He earned his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from New York University (formerly Polytechnic University). Before joining NYIT, Artan was on the faculty of the New York University School of Engineering. He also worked as an ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) design engineer and designed integrated circuits for commercial, academic, and military applications.
Artan served in the organizing committees of the ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems (ANCS), IEEE Sarnoff Symposium, and ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks.
His current research interests include low-power embedded systems and VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration) circuits for implantable medical devices, and efficient algorithms for biomedical signal processing for applications such as epileptic seizure detection.
- Reconfigurable Signal Compressor Architecture for Low-Power Neural Implantable Devices.
- Implantable devices for seizure detection and prevention for epilepsy.
- Compression of neurological signals.
- Signal-specific Very-Large Scale Integrated (VLSI) Circuits for medical devices.
- Secure and Privacy-preserving sensing and monitoring devices for vehicles and vehicular networks.
- N. Sertac Artan, X. Xu, and H. J. Chao, "A Low-Cost Reliable Online Noise Level Estimation For Accurate Spike Detection in Extracellular Recordings," in IEEE Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS 2012), Hsinchu, Taiwan, Nov. 2012.
- T. Kim, N. Sertac Artan, J. Viventi, and H. J. Chao, "Spatiotemporal Compression for Efficient Storage and Transmission of High-Resolution Electrocorticography Data," in 34th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2012), San Diego, CA, Aug–Sep 2012.
- N. Ludvig, H. M. Tang, N. Sertac Artan, P. Mirowski, G. Medveczky, S. L. Baptiste, S. Darisi, R. I. Kuzniecky, O. Devinsky, and J. A. French, "Transmeningeal Muscimol Can Prevent Focal EEG Seizures in the Rat Neocortex Without Stopping Multineuronal Activity in The Treated Area," Brain Research, vol. 1385, pp. 182–191, Apr. 2011.
- M. Bando, N. Sertac Artan, and H. J. Chao, "Scalable Lookahead Regular Expression Detection System for Deep Packet Inspection," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 699–714, Jun. 2012.
- Y.-H. Kao, M. Yang, N. Sertac Artan, and H. J. Chao, "CNOC: High-Radix Clos Network-on-Chip," IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 1897–1910, Dec. 2011.
Courses I Teach/Have Taught at NYIT
- EENG 483: Introduction to VLSI Design
- CSCI 660: Introduction to VLSI Design
- EENG 635: Probability and Stochastic Processes
- EENG 491: Senior Design Project II
- EENG 489: Senior Design Project I