Majid Davoodi Makinejad holds a Ph.D. in Engineering from UPM and worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at UM before joining New York Tech. He has conducted extensive research, which has been published widely in several SJR journal list. He has more than 12 years industry experience before pursuing his postgraduate education, serving in a multitude of roles, including management, operations, project, production, process, quality, and design in a leading OEM in the automotive industry. His current research interests are operations and supply chain management and process/quality improvement. He is a member of the Association for Supply Chain Management Product Development and Management Association (PDMA) and served as a reviewer for several journals.
Recent Projects and Research
- A Conceptual Framework on Green Supply Chain Management Performance Assessment
- End of Life Vehicle (ELV) Consideration in Environmentally-Friendly Operations
- Operational Process for New Product Development
- Davoodi, M. M., & Ghaeli, R. (2019). End-of-life management in new product development. Management Science Letters, 10(5). doi:DOI: 10.5267/j.msl.2019.11.041
- Davoodi, M. M., Ghaeli, R., & Kayloylu, S. (2018). Reverse Logistics in Car Bumper Development Paper presented at the International Conference on Advances in Business Management and Information Technology (ICABMIT), Toronto, Canada.
- Davoodi, M.M., Sapuan, S.M., Ahmad, D., Aidy, A., Khalina, A., & Jonoobi, M. (2012). Effect of Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT) on Impact Property Improvement of Hybrid Kenaf/Glass Epoxy Composite. Materials Letters, 67(1), 5–7.
- Davoodi, M.M., Sapuan, S. M., Ahmad, D., Aidy, A., Khalina, A., & Jonoobi, M. (2011). Concept selection of car bumper beam with developed hybrid bio-composite material. Materials & Design, 32(10), 4857–4865.
- Davoodi, M.M., Sapuan, S.M., Ahmad, D., Ali, A., Khalina, A., & Jonoobi, M. (2010). Mechanical properties of hybrid kenaf/glass-reinforced epoxy composite for passenger car bumper beam. Materials & Design, 31(10), 4927–4932.
Courses Taught at New York Tech
- QANT 510 Production and Operations Management
- QANT 630 Operations and Supply Chain Management
- QANT 760 Operations Management Applications
- MGMT 780 Supply Chain Management
- MGMT 765 Project management using MSP
Honors and Awards
- Global Faculty Summer Research and Creativity Grants (2016–2018)
- NYIT Team Lead ASCM Case Competition in Supply Chain Management (2018)
- NYIT Educator of the Year Award (2019)